Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering what book or series everyone felt inspired to start reading by. For me, it was Under the Net by Iris Murdoch, but I'm interested to hear everyone else's.

Quick edit/side note: I didn't start reading from Under the Net, I wasn't some kind of child literary genius, I meant that it got me back into reading

ReputationRep:
    I have read vociferously for as long as I can remember. I don't know the first book I read, but I was brought up that way. Reading has always been there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sambeaz6)
    I'm just wondering what book or series everyone felt inspired to start reading by. For me, it was Under the Net by Iris Murdoch, but I'm interested to hear everyone else's.
    Recently I’ve been reading a lot again, it was the immortal life of Henrietta Lacks that got me back in to reading .

ReputationRep:
    Out of Bounds by Val McDermid. I had gone on a little bit of a hiatus until that book was released.

ReputationRep:
    Picture books and touch and feel books as a yound child.
    Then Biff, Chip and Kipper series

ReputationRep:
    Man I have been reading ever since I was a child. I would say biff chip and kipper or something like that but everyone's read those so I guess the earliest that comes to mind was michael morpurgo Kensukes Kingdon (or something) or Dav Pilkeys captain underpants series
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Pet Semetary by Stephen King. I read it when I was about 8 or 9 and then started from there on reading the rest of his horror work over the years and onto other book series such as LOTR. I didn't read Harry Potter until last year when I was 24.

Moved to books, literature and comics

ReputationRep:
    For me it was the Darren Shan Saga (a twelve book vampire series, it's mostly horror and stuff about fate), I started reading it when I was in year 3/4 I think and I fell in love with the mystery and realism of the world he created. I read every book in the series and then the subsequent trilogy, it still reads pretty well even now; I'll forever be attached to it.

ReputationRep:
    The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. And literally every book by Paulo Coelho. So many life lessons and unforgettable quotes. Definitely recommended 👍🏻 Other than that, I don't get much time to read nowadays :/
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Biff and Chip books . LOL 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My dad read me The Hobbit as a (young) child and have been in love with stories since. The Thief Lord is the first book I remember reading myself that I couldn't put down.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.