Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Alex Salmond has a new show.. on Russia Today Watch

ReputationRep:
    Typical reaction from Western media they attack anyone who goes on RT including Corbyn.

ReputationRep:
    I like RT. Al Jazeera too.

Far more reliable on a plethora of issues than the BBC and they often cover topics that the western MSM refuse to.

You have to laugh, back in the day, when Russia as suffering under the iron curtain, they listened secretly to BBC broadcasts to find out what was going on.

Now we watch RT to escape BBC propaganda on matters like Brexit. You know, just the really important stuff. You couldn't make up how low British media outlets have sunk in global terms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generallee)

Far more reliable on a plethora of issues than the BBC and they often cover topics that the western MSM refuse to.

You have to laugh, back in the day, when Russia as suffering under the iron curtain, they listened secretly to BBC broadcasts to find out what was going on.

Now we watch RT to escape BBC propaganda on matters like Brexit. You know, just the really important stuff. You couldn't make up how low British media outlets have sunk in global terms.
    It sounds like you are calling RT 'reliable' because they are biased towards your views.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generallee)

Have you ever seen RT take the US's side in a US-Russian matter? They are by no means reliable; classic iconoclastic, meaningless nonsense to undermine and usurp the traditional media.

I think this will be a good show, that said. Salmond is an interesting figure with a great intelligence and perspective. RT might be ********, but at least the host might not be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProBrexit)
    Typical reaction from Western media they attack anyone who goes on RT including Corbyn.

Attacking Jezza **** is,good. At every opportunity I say but RT isn't as bad as West makes it to be. Nothing wrong with Salmond going on it. He was a good politician but hated him for his Scotland separatist views.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    Have you ever seen RT take the US's side in a US-Russian matter? They are by no means reliable; classic iconoclastic, meaningless nonsense to undermine and usurp the traditional media.

I think this will be a good show, that said. Salmond is an interesting figure with a great intelligence and perspective. RT might be ********, but at least the host might not be.
    How is offering a different perspective bad exactly? Or do you takethe position thatthe likes of NBC etc. should hold a monopoly on the news?

(Original post by stoyfan)
    It sounds like you are calling RT 'reliable' because they are biased towards your views.
    If you'recalling them inherently unreliable you're simply being ignorant of the facts.
    Take its coverege of the events in Syria, they're superior by leaps and bounds to the western media outlets who simply cant report there lest they be beheaded by militants.

ReputationRep:
    Typical trump logic. Says what I like = good. Says what I don't like = fake. Lmfao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    How is offering a different perspective bad exactly? Or do you takethe position thatthe likes of NBC etc. should hold a monopoly on the news?
    It is propaganda, rather than mere self-aware bias. That is inherently bad at all levels.

Though, that was not my point. My point was merely that RT is not more reliable than the BBC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    It is propaganda, rather than mere self-aware bias. That is inherently bad at all levels.

Though, that was not my point. My point was merely that RT is not more reliable than the BBC.
    Debateable, it actually has some rather good pieces in it although i would be remiss if i didnt acknowledge that some of its content is somewhat questionable. With that being said i'd be more inclined to believe them than the oiks at Sky, DM, The Sun and so on.

As a general rule of thumb i'd agree with that but depending on the topic covered RT is prone to having a superior quality to some of its information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    Debateable, it actually has some rather good pieces in it although i would be remiss if i didnt acknowledge that some of its content is somewhat questionable. With that being said i'd be more inclined to believe them than the oiks at Sky, DM, The Sun and so on.

As a general rule of thumb i'd agree with that but depending on the topic covered RT is prone to having a superior quality to some of its information.
    On anything which does not concern the Russian Federation, RT is usually quite good. Often they are restating BBC/CNN/Reuters, however. So I would say as good as for non-Rus matters, rather than better.

ReputationRep:
    Russia is the ultimate scapegoat

Blame them for the US elections
    Blame them for Brexit
    Blame them for the refugee crisis (What!)

It is pathetic but it's constantly repeated by the media especially in the US so over time people begin to believe it as true. This is brainwashing.

Of course Russia whats to influence elections and put people who want better relations with Russia into power. But it's actually the US who is well documented interfering in elections world wide, and toppling governments. They're spending hundreds of millions in Hungary to influence elections there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyle Schwartz)
    Russia is the ultimate scapegoat

Blame them for the US elections
    Blame them for Brexit
    Blame them for the refugee crisis (What!)

It is pathetic but it's constantly repeated by the media especially in the US so over time people begin to believe it as true. This is brainwashing.

Of course Russia whats to influence elections and put people who want better relations with Russia into power. But it's actually the US who is well documented interfering in elections world wide, and toppling governments. They're spending hundreds of millions in Hungary to influence elections there.
    The BBC is massively biased, RT at least has different viewpoints, like Salmond and Galloway.

Last time I checked we weren't at war with Russia, I don't know why people like Theresa May are so keen to break down relations, when it's not in either citizen's interest, while lavishing praise the EU which the people voted against.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.