Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So,
    I created this plan for my future. I'm planning to stay in this school leave on the last day of year nine and go to a private school called KEHS and for my A levels attend a different one that my sister went to in London. I really don't want to stay at this current state school any longer and my brother and mum said that it is really expensive to go now and apparently it won't be worth it but I really want to go.
    I don't know what to do,
    any tips?
    x Meelz

ReputationRep:
    What's made you want to leave your state school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MisledGoddess)
    What's made you want to leave your state school?
    The people, the teachers, the place, the atmosphere. It's not a good place to be and whenever I usually go to a teacher for help, they make me feel like the problem's my fault even when it isn't and I know this happens in most schools, but the bullying here is worse than being in a dark room tied to a hair being hit with a belt.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any other state schools in your area you could move to? Private schools are very expensive and if your parents don't like the idea I think they're somewhat right to do so. It's better trying to exhaust your other options before you move into private schooling. Besides, if it's just the people who are getting to you, you might wanna try getting involved in different atmospheres in different areas before moving into an entirely different system of education.

At the end of the day though, if you think it is the state school system which is getting you down, it might be worth talking to your parents and student manager about it.

Hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MisledGoddess)
    Are there any other state schools in your area you could move to? Private schools are very expensive and if your parents don't like the idea I think they're somewhat right to do so. It's better trying to exhaust your other options before you move into private schooling. Besides, if it's just the people who are getting to you, you might wanna try getting involved in different atmospheres in different areas before moving into an entirely different system of education.

At the end of the day though, if you think it is the state school system which is getting you down, it might be worth talking to your parents and student manager about it.

Hope this helps x
    Thankyou x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.