Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I left my job a few months ago, i got offered a lot more money from some Engineering company, but i was let go after a few Weeks, due to no work.
    This left me with a strange situation, Back on the dole again.
    If i had have known the Engineering company was going to do this, i would not have handed in my notice.
    Can i go back to to the company i left for???
    Is there any legal requirement or Law that says that i can't??
    I really want to go back to Morrison's where i worked before.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can, if they are willing to take you back on and if they have jobs available currently. If you were a good worker and left on good terms then they will more than likely take you back on. There isn't a law surrounding this. You aren't guaranteed your job back though.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much. I did leave on good terms & i made a massive mistake on leaving.
    I really miss all my Friends in the company.
    My stupid mistake, but i hope i can go back.

Many thanks!!!

Barry

ReputationRep:
    You can providing that they're hiring and willing to take you back on.
    However you may end up being on a different department/different shift pattern than you were before

ReputationRep:
    As long i'm back with them that is all that matters. I really miss all my friends that work there.

ReputationRep:
    There is no law saying you can't return, but you aren't guaranteed to rejoin where you left off. It would depend on whether there was a vacancy in your old role.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immortal1000)
    I left my job a few months ago, i got offered a lot more money from some Engineering company, but i was let go after a few Weeks, due to no work.
    This left me with a strange situation, Back on the dole again.
    If i had have known the Engineering company was going to do this, i would not have handed in my notice.
    Can i go back to to the company i left for???
    Is there any legal requirement or Law that says that i can't??
    I really want to go back to Morrison's where i worked before.
    Don't worry most of us have all been there, even myself!

Yes you can rejoin providing that they have a vacancy - they won't just offer you a job straight away unfortunately.
    Also I'm afraid there is no law to say that they can't refuse to re-employ you but obviously as long as you left on good terms with them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.