Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I left my job a few months ago, i got offered a lot more money from some Engineering company, but i was let go after a few Weeks, due to no work.
    This left me with a strange situation, Back on the dole again.
    If i had have known the Engineering company was going to do this, i would not have handed in my notice.
    Can i go back to to the company i left for???
    Is there any legal requirement or Law that says that i can't??
    I really want to go back to Morrison's where i worked before.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can, if they are willing to take you back on and if they have jobs available currently. If you were a good worker and left on good terms then they will more than likely take you back on. There isn't a law surrounding this. You aren't guaranteed your job back though.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much. I did leave on good terms & i made a massive mistake on leaving.
    I really miss all my Friends in the company.
    My stupid mistake, but i hope i can go back.

Many thanks!!!

Barry

ReputationRep:
    You can providing that they're hiring and willing to take you back on.
    However you may end up being on a different department/different shift pattern than you were before

ReputationRep:
    As long i'm back with them that is all that matters. I really miss all my friends that work there.

ReputationRep:
    There is no law saying you can't return, but you aren't guaranteed to rejoin where you left off. It would depend on whether there was a vacancy in your old role.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Immortal1000)
    I left my job a few months ago, i got offered a lot more money from some Engineering company, but i was let go after a few Weeks, due to no work.
    This left me with a strange situation, Back on the dole again.
    If i had have known the Engineering company was going to do this, i would not have handed in my notice.
    Can i go back to to the company i left for???
    Is there any legal requirement or Law that says that i can't??
    I really want to go back to Morrison's where i worked before.
    Don't worry most of us have all been there, even myself!

Yes you can rejoin providing that they have a vacancy - they won't just offer you a job straight away unfortunately.
    Also I'm afraid there is no law to say that they can't refuse to re-employ you but obviously as long as you left on good terms with them.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.