Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay I started a new school back in may & I really want to start a cheerleading now team. Should I ask the head teacher but I don't know if everyone will think it's stupid & judge me for setting up a club when I'm still new.

ReputationRep:
    Considering England are the reigning world champions for level 5, I'd say it's not a stupid idea to set up a cheer club at your school
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Go for it
    If your headteacher approves then no one will see you as stupid because you set up your own club! I'm sure loads of people would be interested.
    And if the headteacher says no, then no one is going to know apart from you and them - unless you tell anyone before it's approved.
    You're not that new anyway - try it!

ReputationRep:
    more of an american thing imo

ReputationRep:
    You should also ask the head of PE as well and ask people if they would like to join by posting a joining list around the school

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    Yes I agree and we voted to take back control, so behaving as if the 51st state is not good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    I repeat though, England placed 1st in their division at worlds. Far more than just an american thing nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should go for it! Cheerleading is such a growing sport in the UK, I've been doing it for 6 years running and I regret not asking to start a Cheerleading Team in my new school (moved school for Sixth Form).

If you try it and ask, there's no harm in it! If you're worried about asking the Head, speak to a tutor or PE teacher for a second opinion. At the end of the day, I doubt they would say anything negative towards it. As RhyddleMeThis said, we are the World Champions at this moment. Is there a better time to ask?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.