arch1017
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey I don't understand this question and could someone help me answer it. 'The main change to English towns brought about by the Norman Conquest was increased prosperity.' How far does a study of medieval Nottingham support this statement? Explain your answer and refer to Nottingham and your contextual knowledge. [16 marks]. Thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by arch1017)
Hey I don't understand this question and could someone help me answer it. 'The main change to English towns brought about by the Norman Conquest was increased prosperity.' How far does a study of medieval Nottingham support this statement? Explain your answer and refer to Nottingham and your contextual knowledge. [16 marks]. Thanks
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Econom..._English_towns

'The main change to English towns brought about by the Norman Conquest was increased prosperity.' [Do you agree with this? get some facts on increased prosperity] What changes did the Normans make? What changes would have happened anyway?

How far does a study of medieval Nottingham support this statement? Explain your answer and refer to Nottingham and your contextual knowledge. [16 marks]

[What its asking for is your previous study of Nottingham and its development? Where does it support the idea that its prosperity increased under the Normans? Are there any records? Was there new building? Did it grow? Were there new industries? New immigrants etc? You need to use your study of Nottingham to show whether it supports the idea of increased prosperity or not?
arch1017
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Econom..._English_towns

'The main change to English towns brought about by the Norman Conquest was increased prosperity.' [Do you agree with this? get some facts on increased prosperity] What changes did the Normans make? What changes would have happened anyway?

How far does a study of medieval Nottingham support this statement? Explain your answer and refer to Nottingham and your contextual knowledge. [16 marks]

[What its asking for is your previous study of Nottingham and its development? Where does it support the idea that its prosperity increased under the Normans? Are there any records? Was there new building? Did it grow? Were there new industries? New immigrants etc? You need to use your study of Nottingham to show whether it supports the idea of increased prosperity or not?
Thank you so much
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by arch1017)
Thank you so much
Heres some stuff on Nottingham. Sure it must be local and your teacher has highlighted its development. Look for new buildings and expensive ones. Castle, Town Hall, Church as well as the city spreading, new walls, new areas for immigrant workers anything to show growth or civil development.

http://www.localhistories.org/nottingham.html
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (7)
8.97%
Okay (25)
32.05%
A bit lacking (22)
28.21%
Not good at all (24)
30.77%

Watched Threads