Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im paranoid, jealous and dont feel good enough Watch

So basically what it says on the tin. I have been dating this guy a few weeks but spoke to him for like 6 months prior. We speak on the phone like everyday, sometimes for entire day. I really do quite like him but I avoided dating him so long as since my ex was a terrible minupliative cheater. From it I am horribly paranoid, got next to no confidence and can be quite jealous. I know these are all HORRIBLE qualities and not his fault and dif massively warn him what I can be like and tbf he is the polar opposite, out going, affectionate and VERY attractive like massively out of my league.

Well now ita lile we are properly dating he went away this weekend and in drunken banter said some pretty weird stuff like all his friends are on the pull so he couldnt speak and he total disregarded any affection I tried to show him. He then laughed it off saying he finds it cute how jealous I get but then seriously said I just need to chill (as in not be as jealous) then he got all awkward on a conversation because his ex got mentioned due to a mix up on people.

***Now I am really not wanting to ready anything into it, but I cant help but feel like he clearly wasnt ready for what im like and ill end up just dragging his way of life down I want to be less like this and just be able to date him worry free like a normal person but dont know how to go about it or whether I should mention it to him. Prior to dating I would have had no problem but I just dont know....
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So basically what it says on the tin. I have been dating this guy a few weeks but spoke to him for like 6 months prior. We speak on the phone like everyday, sometimes for entire day. I really do quite like him but I avoided dating him so long as since my ex was a terrible minupliative cheater. From it I am horribly paranoid, got next to no confidence and can be quite jealous. I know these are all HORRIBLE qualities and not his fault and dif massively warn him what I can be like and tbf he is the polar opposite, out going, affectionate and VERY attractive like massively out of my league.

Well now ita lile we are properly dating he went away this weekend and in drunken banter said some pretty weird stuff like all his friends are on the pull so he couldnt speak and he total disregarded any affection I tried to show him. He then laughed it off saying he finds it cute how jealous I get but then seriously said I just need to chill (as in not be as jealous) then he got all awkward on a conversation because his ex got mentioned due to a mix up on people.

***Now I am really not wanting to ready anything into it, but I cant help but feel like he clearly wasnt ready for what im like and ill end up just dragging his way of life down I want to be less like this and just be able to date him worry free like a normal person but dont know how to go about it or whether I should mention it to him. Prior to dating I would have had no problem but I just dont know....
    This sounds really difficult. The thing to remember is it isn't up to him necessarily to accept the jealousy and everything, you need to find a way to change that. Maybe talking through everything with a friend would help? You have to try and remember that this guy isn't the same as the last, and you don't want to push him away

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.