ShootForTheStars
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think target grades for GCSE go off your year 6 SATS results. Schools have to use this because that is how they get graded on the school league tables. If you got 5s and 6s in year 6 then came out with Cs this shows up on the league tables that you didn't make expected progress so it's the school's fault.
Aliboss799
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xxcherryzxx)
Pfft, in my opinion predicted grades suck. I was always predicted low Cs (C-) and I came out of my GCSEs with As and Bs. I couldn't agree more with what you said, I hate it when I see people discouraged from trying harder because they achieved their target grade which was a C. 😞
Hi I’ve got same target of low C and I’m not sure if i can get into collage A level can you give me some adivice
Carolina K.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by adamantacademic)
Teachers have become notorious for setting targets well below student expectations, many may perceive this reality within the education system to be demotivating but in actual fact this can be of great benefit.

Seeing a solid set of flat results, which teachers devise with the conviction that you're actual results will mirror their predictions. This viewing acts as a jolt of awakening, which can urge students to contradict the set of grades which are truly not desired. Now an increasing number of students graduate from Yr11 with a GCSE results sheet far more superior than the teacher-imagined one.

Don't suck up to your predicted/target grades. FIGHT them.

Spoiler:
Show

GCSE French
Target grade: C
Achieved A*

They affect what college we can get into. I'm literally not able to get anywhere good because of that.
Irin Rahman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by adamantacademic)
Teachers have become notorious for setting targets well below student expectations, many may perceive this reality within the education system to be demotivating but in actual fact this can be of great benefit.

Seeing a solid set of flat results, which teachers devise with the conviction that you're actual results will mirror their predictions. This viewing acts as a jolt of awakening, which can urge students to contradict the set of grades which are truly not desired. Now an increasing number of students graduate from Yr11 with a GCSE results sheet far more superior than the teacher-imagined one.

Don't suck up to your predicted/target grades. FIGHT them.

Spoiler:
Show

GCSE French
Target grade: C
Achieved A*
I just got my target grade for separate physics,6-grade, but you motivated me, I will try hard
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (16)
7.69%
They've been reasonable (88)
42.31%
Not feeling great... (51)
24.52%
They are TERRIBLE! (53)