Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Better with Blessing: Year 13 GYG Watch

ReputationRep:

:thumbsup:Welcome!:thumbsup:

I'm currently studying A2 and I'm starting this blog to document my progress in my final year

Before now I have been keeping track of my academic progress through my Youtube channel and various social media accounts. However, I've decided to it'd be nice to have a written account of how things pan out to look back on in August. Hoping to be better than I am today, tomorrow.

:crossedf:Personal Target Grades:crossedf: : A*A*A* (because why not?)

:heart:Predicted Grades :heart:: A*AA (English, History and Religious Studies)

Qualifications:

I do touch upon a few of them below but for a full debrief watch my GCSE and AS-Level results day videos.

Subjects:
    • English Literature (A grade at AS and GCSE)
    • History (A grade at AS and GCSE)
    • Religious Studies with Philosophy and Ethics (B grade at AS and A* at GCSE) - I was going to get this remarked as a result of advice from teacher but I decided not to as it's a linear paper (as are all my subjects)

GCSE grades:

I did my GCSEs in 2016 and I was pleasantly surprised by my grades. This wasn't because I didn't work hard (trust me, I did), but because I saw my hard work pay off and since then I've kept at it.

University:

I applied for English (Literature) and I'm happy to say I have already received 3 out of 5 offers. However, I will not be sharing what Universities I have applied to until I have received all 5 responses.

--------------

I'll be updating my blog every two weeks (at least) with updates on revision, coursework, essays, homework, resources etc. and I'd also love for you guys to let me know how you're getting along too . This journey will be a tough one but I'm ready to give it my BEST shot. I'll be updating with the results I get as time goes on. Excited to look back as we progress.

:five:LET'S DO IT :five:

• TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hello there

Good luck with your blog let's hope you can get those 3 A*s, that would be amazing. You got excellent AS grades so you're off to a good start already!

English Literature was my favourite subject so it's nice to see you want to study it at university! Congrats on the offers and fingers crossed for the other 2
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.