Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OMg how do I stop being so lazy Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    I'm so lazy to revise . I'm so lazy to exercise. I'm so lazy to do all the important stuff except sleep and eat
    Well you've only been back for a month and already have more rep than me, I think that right there is the crux of the problem.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    You’re making the wrong type of gainz with that machine 😂
    The literal meaning of ALL kinds😂😂😂
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ok maybe I will thank you
    You should. They can help you not feel lazy and want to do exciting stuff, no worries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeldor711)
    Well you've only been back for a month and already have more rep than me, I think that right there is the crux of the problem.
    I spend all day on tsr , I spend all day on my phone because I have no life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    You should. They can help you not feel lazy and want to do exciting stuff, no worries
    What if I don't have depression? Maybe it's just me , how could they help me then?

ReputationRep:
    Depression comes with being sad all the time so it can't be right
    Absolutely wrong, that's a misconception. Feeling emotionally numb and apathetic is more common in depressed people

ReputationRep:
    Hey pal I've got the same problem except I got over it a week ago :|
    Your answer lies in a new routine. Try something new m8, try exercising- I know you're a lazy f*** but please do try it! Try dancing even :| I know it's random but it'll get your happy hormones stimulated and you might just feel like doing something.
    Another more realistic option would be, set up little tasks. Tasks that even lazy shites like you and I can accomplish- like reading and making notes of 1 page of chemistry. F*** the rest for tomorrow and just chill. And then another page tomorrow and then so on. Make a little study routine, increase the no. Of pages little by little. This way, you'll be accomplishing SOMETHING instead of nothing. It'll motivate you to do more!
    At least study for 10 minutes a day. There's kids in Bangladesh that sit through flooded classrooms to note down what the teacher's saying just so they can have a promising future. Imagine what the non-school going kids do :/ So please, don't take your time for granted. Make use of it, start little. There's no rush. But at least take a start. It's worth everything you've ever wanted in life, I promise you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Some people are just inherently lazy :dontknow:

Not everyone has the motivation and ambition to achieve and be the best they can be. However you might end up regretting is when you get older because at some point you're probably going to have to work and you'll end up having to do something you don't enjoy whereas you could put in the grind now, suffer for a few years and then at least get a job doing something you might actually enjoy, even a little bit.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What if I don't have depression? Maybe it's just me , how could they help me then?
    I'm fairly certain you do have it
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Absolutely wrong, that's a misconception. Feeling emotionally numb and apathetic is more common in depressed people
    And it's so much worse to not feel something at all, than to feel sad most the time. At least you can feel something. Depression is a bi***. But it can be treated so that's the good news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)

depression sound like so much more though

I'm fairly certain you do have it
    Is it wrong to wish to have it so I can stop blaming myself for being so lazy all the time or

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amylololol)
    Hey pal I've got the same problem except I got over it a week ago :|
    Your answer lies in a new routine. Try something new m8, try exercising- I know you're a lazy f*** but please do try it! Try dancing even :| I know it's random but it'll get your happy hormones stimulated and you might just feel like doing something.
    Another more realistic option would be, set up little tasks. Tasks that even lazy shites like you and I can accomplish- like reading and making notes of 1 page of chemistry. F*** the rest for tomorrow and just chill. And then another page tomorrow and then so on. Make a little study routine, increase the no. Of pages little by little. This way, you'll be accomplishing SOMETHING instead of nothing. It'll motivate you to do more!
    At least study for 10 minutes a day. There's kids in Bangladesh that sit through flooded classrooms to note down what the teacher's saying just so they can have a promising future. Imagine what the non-school going kids do :/ So please, don't take your time for granted. Make use of it, start little. There's no rush. But at least take a start. It's worth everything you've ever wanted in life, I promise you.
    I dance all the time!!all the time!!! I cannot stay committed to anything. It's horrible

ReputationRep:
    Omg I hope I don't

FORCE yourself to get up at a reasonable time everyday, get dressed and get out of the house. Go for a brisk walk, jog, run. Get home. Have breakfast and then get out of the house again. Go and work somewhere like the library or a coffee shop.

Go to bed early and at the same time each night.

I bet if you set yourself a task like this and did it you would feel motivated to do stuff.

In life you have to sometimes just force yourself to do stuff otherwise you'd do nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    Some people are just inherently lazy :dontknow:

Not everyone has the motivation and ambition to achieve and be the best they can be. However you might end up regretting is when you get older because at some point you're probably going to have to work and you'll end up having to do something you don't enjoy whereas you could put in the grind now, suffer for a few years and then at least get a job doing something you might actually enjoy, even a little bit.
    I know I'll regret it and that's what kills me
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    depression sound like so much more though

Is it wrong to wish to have it so I can stop blaming myself for being so lazy all the time or
    Trust me that's bad enough to have. You no longer feel human, more like a robot.

And idk if it's wrong, but you should definitely see a doctor and be honest upfront with him/her about all of this.

ReputationRep:
    FORCE yourself. When you realise you have no choice because you'll drag yourself through it, whether you want to or not, your brain will accomodate you.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    FORCE yourself. When you realise you have no choice because you'll drag yourself through it, whether you want to or not, your brain will accomodate you.
    This is some solid advice💪

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    FORCE yourself to get up at a reasonable time everyday, get dressed and get out of the house. Go for a brisk walk, jog, run. Get home. Have breakfast and then get out of the house again. Go and work somewhere like the library or a coffee shop.

Go to bed early and at the same time each night.

I bet if you set yourself a task like this and did it you would feel motivated to do stuff.

In life you have to sometimes just force yourself to do stuff otherwise you'd do nothing.
    I have no time in the morning . And I would never jog or outside cos everyone would be watching me.

(Original post by starfab)
    I always try to. I beg myself but my brain is just like nahhh just chill and f up your life

ReputationRep:
    Trust me that's bad enough to have. You no longer feel human, more like a robot.

And idk if it's wrong, but you should definitely see a doctor and be honest upfront with him/her about all of this.
    Are you saying that I could potentially become like that if I acc do have depression

ReputationRep:
    This is some solid advice💪
    It's hard AF though

I have no time in the morning . And I would never jog or outside cos everyone would be watching me.

I always try to. I beg myself but my brain is just like nahhh just chill and f up your life
    That's TRYING. not FORCING.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.