Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are the pros and cons for both and which one would you choose?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imthetwo)
    Very personal choice depending on what you want out of the uni experience. I went to both types and they were right for the different stages of my education. However if I had done them the other way around I would have been lost as an undergrad and bored as a postgrad. A campus uni has everything in one place and generally an insular feel coz you know everyone. A city uni you will have to travel around but then there's loads happened outside uni.

ReputationRep:
    Campus accommodation is handy cause lectures are right on your doorstep and you don't have to get public transport early in the morning for lectures, but there's a lot more going on by city accommodation and nights out are generally better
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    campus hands down

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    City is better, campus is too isolated usually. Cities are more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    As someone who isn't particularly social, I applied almost entirely to campus universities because I would feel intimidated by frequent pressure to go out into cities.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.