Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Travelling to concert alone? watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to go see DJs I really like, but they're playing quite far away from me and I would have to stay overnight at that place since the show finishes at like 4am. None of my mates like the same music as me.

Is it a good idea to go alone, or just wait for another opportunity?

ReputationRep:
    I think it might depend on your age - I know that might sound really nasty, but I don't mean it to. I went to a concert and stayed alone quite far from home a few months ago, but I was 18 at the time and so it felt more like I could do that, whereas I couldn't when I was 15/16. Are they playing any closer locations to you? I'd say it depends on age and if you're comfortable/(if your family are people you still live with) if your family are okay with it happening. It's your decision at the end of the day, but I'd say depends on age and if you feel like you are ready/mature enough to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eruditeprincess)
    I think it might depend on your age - I know that might sound really nasty, but I don't mean it to. I went to a concert and stayed alone quite far from home a few months ago, but I was 18 at the time and so it felt more like I could do that, whereas I couldn't when I was 15/16. Are they playing any closer locations to you? I'd say it depends on age and if you're comfortable/(if your family are people you still live with) if your family are okay with it happening. It's your decision at the end of the day, but I'd say depends on age and if you feel like you are ready/mature enough to do it.

I'm 18 since the 10th Nov. They're playing once in the UK this year and have no other confirmed dates/places.

I feel like it's a bit risky going somewhere so young, and then staying out so late in a place I've never been before. I think that since i'm not having good thoughts about it, it's best to just leave it, however i'd love to go see them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r1fty)
    I'm 18 since the 10th Nov. They're playing once in the UK this year and have no other confirmed dates/places.

I feel like it's a bit risky going somewhere so young, and then staying out so late in a place I've never been before. I think that since i'm not having good thoughts about it, it's best to just leave it, however i'd love to go see them.
    If you're not comfortable, then you trust your gut. They will most likely come back and you'll feel better about it. It depends on you. If you don't feel good about going, then it is better to trust your gut.

ReputationRep:
    If you're not comfortable, then you trust your gut. They will most likely come back and you'll feel better about it. It depends on you. If you don't feel good about going, then it is better to trust your gut.
    Alright, thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think this is good advice. I've only once gone to go to a gig solo (normally I have friends who also want to go), but I had been to the venue before and my hotel was not far away, so it was alright. I wouldn't make a habit of it, though.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.