Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    its kinda sad how i dont hv that many friends in uni atm, jealous of the ppl who goin out every night posting pics on ig like i want that. I live alone so that doesnt help (my uni fckd up my dorm), and before yall say things that i am anti-social and dont make the effort to socialize, ive been TRYING so hard going to countless socials and events but i still have no solid friends + i dont rlly like my uni and course but u know, gotta deal with the situation that i am in rn. Anyone feels the same way? :"

ReputationRep:
    yeah man i get you

I went through something similar in my third year. I had friends but lost them and I hated my course. If I were you I would complete your first year and then see if you still hate the uni. If you like it great finish your degree but if you don't I would try and transfer to a university that you like. Have a look around and attend an open day before you confirm that you want to transfer. Keep attending socials and different events and you'll soon make friends. I am now in my final year and I still don't really think that I have a good set of friends. Uni is very different to school/college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miminuggget)
    its kinda sad how i dont hv that many friends in uni atm, jealous of the ppl who goin out every night posting pics on ig like i want that. I live alone so that doesnt help (my uni fckd up my dorm), and before yall say things that i am anti-social and dont make the effort to socialize, ive been TRYING so hard going to countless socials and events but i still have no solid friends + i dont rlly like my uni and course but u know, gotta deal with the situation that i am in rn. Anyone feels the same way? :"
    It will take time. Perhaps it’ll take another week, another month or perhaps longer. But it’ll happen. You’ll find people you just click with and you’ll have the best time ever
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    if i transfer, do i have to start from 0?

(Original post by miminuggget)
    if i transfer, do i have to start from 0?
    It depends if the course you are currently studying matches the course you want to study in terms of module content. It is best to speak to the university admissions team and tell them what you have been studying, what you want to study and the module content of your current course and they will be able to tell you if you will need to repeat first year.

Same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Same here
    it ****in sucks huh hha, i cry on most nights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confused9989)
    It will take time. Perhaps it’ll take another week, another month or perhaps longer. But it’ll happen. You’ll find people you just click with and you’ll have the best time ever
    the worst thing is that none of my friends are here because they all wanna go to US colleges, livin their life in ny and la
    i moved here by myself and didnt know anyone

ReputationRep:
    Try and see if you can get into University accommodation - someone may have left. It's the best way to meet loads of people from different courses. Or maybe organise an event for those on your course, to get to know them better. Hang in there ..... good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I can totally relate, because I was like that the first few weeks in college. This might be hard for some people, but try joining and being active in clubs. I joined one minority club & one huge club and was able to click immediately in both. I believe joining a minority club works best! Luckily my close friend is an intern to be a board member for one of the biggest clubs on campus and that helped me create relationships immediately (just by being really close friends&roommate with one mucho popular gal). Hopefully this helps!

ReputationRep:
    over the course of 3 years I made no real friends either
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shibas927)
    Yeah I can totally relate, because I was like that the first few weeks in college. This might be hard for some people, but try joining and being active in clubs. I joined one minority club & one huge club and was able to click immediately in both. I believe joining a minority club works best! Luckily my close friend is an intern to be a board member for one of the biggest clubs on campus and that helped me create relationships immediately (just by being really close friends&roommate with one mucho popular gal). Hopefully this helps!
    im a part of the asean society and lacrosse, i hang out w some of them sometimes but generally the people in my school isnt friendly at all

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.