Turn on thread page Beta

Should I do a fast track A-level? watch

ReputationRep:
    So I'm having difficulty figuring out whether I could learn A-level law within 7 months, the thing is I want to go to uni at the end of 2018 but I'm not sure whether 7 months gives me enough time to study the whole course, my other option is to swap it for the full 2 year course but that would mean I would have to wait another year to go to university, and to be honest i'd rather not have to do that. I do currently have 2 A-levels and just need a third to be able to go, also I have decided not to go on a foundation level course as this would actually turn out a lot more expensive than doing another A-level. Also if I decided to stay on the fast track course, how many hours realistically do you think I would have to revise for each day?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by GENERIC N4ME)
    So I'm having difficulty figuring out whether I could learn A-level law within 7 months, the thing is I want to go to uni at the end of 2018 but I'm not sure whether 7 months gives me enough time to study the whole course, my other option is to swap it for the full 2 year course but that would mean I would have to wait another year to go to university, and to be honest i'd rather not have to do that. I do currently have 2 A-levels and just need a third to be able to go, also I have decided not to go on a foundation level course as this would actually turn out a lot more expensive than doing another A-level. Also if I decided to stay on the fast track course, how many hours realistically do you think I would have to revise for each day?
    Yes if you work very hard and are bright. Would be a big push though.
    As many hours as you can manage, there isnt much time to learn it.

If you dont work hard enough or you arent bright enough then it will be hard going. Also need to decide what grade you need.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.