The Student Room Group

My boyfriends 20 and I'm 16!!

Me and my boyfriend have been together for quite abit now and I could easily say we both love each other very much, I might be 4 years younger than him but I can say for my age I'm very mature. Nobody knows about us yet as we are doing great and don't want people talking about how he's this, he's that when we are just two people in love. If the age difference was 20 and 24 nobody would care so why look at people in discuss and suggest their pedophiles for being with someone's who's 16 and doing no harm than to love them? Please give me opinions on what you think.
Thankyou

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it's fine, I am a 21 year old seeing a 16 year old girl atm. we both like each other, it's going well. Maybe it won't end up anything serious, I dunno, but it's going pretty well and the age gap is just a non issue. she's in sixth form and I work... some people think it's weird but I find her super cute and she's great to be with / talk to. and I guess she likes me too. so it's all cool. don't bother what people think about you.
Reply 2
Age is number only no worry ju be heppy ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's gross. Any 20 year old who is interested in a child has something wrong with them. Yes, 20 and 24 is fine because once you reach 18-20 maturity stops changing so rapidly so at that age there isn't a huge difference. But between 16 and 20 people change a HUGE amount so even a very mature 16 year old is way way way different to a 20 year old.
Reply 4
Every teenager thinks they are 'mature for their age'. Focus on your schoolwork instead.
He's a predator. What man goes for an underage teenager.

You're right 20/24 isn't an issue. But you are comparing difference when the absolute matters. You're 16. He is a grown man.

Society needs to stop normalizing this ****.
Reply 6
What does a 16 year old have that another 20 year old doesn’t have? It’s wrong in my opinion. The person that said they are 21 with a 16 year old girlfriend, your disgusting. Why go for someone that is underage, can’t even legally drink yet, when you can get one your age? That’s horrible and you should be ashamed of yourself. And for anyone that thinks that’s okay “age aint nothing but a number” you just as Cory as they are. Would age just be a number if it was a 16 year old boy with a 12 year old girl? Disgraceful.
(edited 6 years ago)
Any 20 year old who is attracted to someone of 16 has something not quite right about them.
Original post by Tara111
Me and my boyfriend have been together for quite abit now and I could easily say we both love each other very much, I might be 4 years younger than him but I can say for my age I'm very mature. Nobody knows about us yet as we are doing great and don't want people talking about how he's this, he's that when we are just two people in love. If the age difference was 20 and 24 nobody would care so why look at people in discuss and suggest their pedophiles for being with someone's who's 16 and doing no harm than to love them? Please give me opinions on what you think.
Thankyou

Because there is a HUGE maturity different between the ages of a 16-20 year old, and a 20-24 year old.

The fact is, whether you think you’re incredibly mature or not, you’re legally a child. And he’s an adult. It is, in many ways, completely wrong. Is it illegal? No. Not unless he’s in a position of authority in links to you.

But it’s likely you’re being taken advantage of.
You said you’d been together a while.. Were you younger than 16 when it began? In which case, there is most definitely something wrong with him.
Its great if you're happy, but even if you think that you are 'mature', you also have to think about others such as your family. How are they going to respond. Its others opinions that you've asked for here so don't be upset if you get given 'hate'. I would totally understand that I would be classified as wrong if you are 14 and they were 18 but seeing as you are 16, you are over the legal age for consent... just be safe!
What was the moneyshot like? :wink:
Original post by Tara111
Thankyou

Is this what he said to make you feel special? Oh you poor child...
Reply 12
Original post by SMEGGGY
Age is number only no worry ju be heppy ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

the battle cry of pedos across the world...
Original post by Hzeldes
What does a 16 year old have that another 20 year old doesn’t have? It’s wrong in my opinion. The person that said they are 21 with a 16 year old girlfriend, your disgusting. Why go for someone that is underage, can’t even legally drink yet, when you can get one your age? That’s horrible and you should be ashamed of yourself. And for anyone that thinks that’s okay “age aint nothing but a number” you just as Cory as they are. Would age just be a number if it was a 16 year old boy with a 12 year old girl? Disgraceful.

How are those things even slightly comparable? In this country from 16 you're old enough to make your own decisions and take control of your life. They may be a "minor" but they are not a child.

Why should be ashamed? I like her and she likes me. We're both consenting. What exactly is the issue? I don't manipulate her, I don't force her into anything... I'm no predator. If she chooses to be with me that is her choice. :smile:

You know a couple hundred years ago it would be perfectly normal... wasn't Romeo & Juliet like 20 and 14?
Reply 14
Original post by Treeroy
How are those things even slightly comparable? In this country from 16 you're old enough to make your own decisions and take control of your life. They may be a "minor" but they are not a child.

Why should be ashamed? I like her and she likes me. We're both consenting. What exactly is the issue? I don't manipulate her, I don't force her into anything... I'm no predator. If she chooses to be with me that is her choice. :smile:

You know a couple hundred years ago it would be perfectly normal... wasn't Romeo & Juliet like 20 and 14?

Umm, are we in the Shakespearean time or are we in the 21st century? I'm confused. Secondly, the fact that you think there is nothing wrong with your 21 year old self dating a 16 year old is horrifying in it self. What's the matter? cant find a girl without a curfew? or one that's even legal to drink? Its despicable, and you disgust me.
Reply 15
sorry but it's not right. What everyone else is saying is right, there is a huge difference in 4 years. I'm 20 and I can say I have changed a lot in 4 years, in certainly not the same person I was. yes you may think you are mature for your age, but so does every other teenager, even I did at 16. ultimately, you just need to be safe and make sure you don't take advantage of and stand up for yourself.
Reply 16
Original post by Treeroy

Are you really going to compare it to Romeo and Juliet???? This isn't the 1600's. Just because people did it then doesn't mean it was morally okay. Your thinking is warped.
Every 16 year old says they're mature for their age until they realise they actually aren't.

Face your book...
Original post by Hzeldes
Umm, are we in the Shakespearean time or are we in the 21st century? I'm confused. Secondly, the fact that you think there is nothing wrong with your 21 year old self dating a 16 year old is horrifying in it self. What's the matter? cant find a girl without a curfew? or one that's even legal to drink? Its despicable, and you disgust me.

okay it's a bit annoying that we can't drink together but really can you tell me what exactly is so morally repugnant about it?
Anyone who is above the age of 18 and is dating a 16 y/o girl is a predator. People who are 20+ and are "dating" what the state deems a minor are dangerous.

Latest