The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mass immigration has completely changed parts of the UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MartinF98
Thirty to forty years ago, not too long ago in the grand scheme of things, places like Ilford in East London, where my grandparents grew up, and places like Luton were predominantly indigenous white British. Now these areas are completely different. The culture of these areas has completely changed. The pubs have closed down, the community centres closed down, mosques and temples built, traditional English shops replaced with halal meat and Polski skleps, its all completely changed. Imagine being someone who grew up in these communities who no longer fits in in their own community because mass immigration from unfamiliar cultures and a lack of integration mean that you're the foreigner in your local neighbourhood. You're the odd one out. I recently had a conversation about this with my grandparents and it's sad what has happened to some of our communities. A lack of integration int traditional western culture, British culture and traditions have led to parts of Britain no longer being recognisable as British

The problem is that some on the left won't even recognise that this is a problem, instead calling the locals of these areas racist for being concerned about the overhaul of their neighbourhoods. It just makes me feel extremely sad, parts of Britain have been lost.

For how long have you voted for the British National Party? They would not have allowed this to happen. The NWO is currently trying to multiculturalize Eastern Europe but they are not standing for it. The NWO is trying to get rid of White people because they are standing in the way of a one-world government ruled by them.

Diversity is White Genocide
Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
Let's start with one basic fact. You take Irish and Australian people. Can I just say both those nationalities have the same set of principles. Australians migrated from UK so their heritage lies in UK. As far as Irish are concerned, they are British so they don't need to integrate. Don't make stupid points please.

People who move here from countries like Australia, America, South Africa have to go through strict immigration rules. People who came in Uk from those countries (who not young people on working holidays) whatever ethnic religion they happen to be are very highly education skilled people. They have to be able to earn over £26000 a year. The two most highest earning groups in the Uk are Americas and South Africans there also the most law abiding.
Original post by Johnny English
You are totally correct with your comments . I grew up in a 100% white working class area in the 60s . It was a very close knit community where everyone knew everyone else . Within a decade Asians and other cultures started arriving and all of a sudden racial crime became a problem . Within 20 years the area became the second worst area in the country for 'grooming' .

It was about this time that the indigenous families started to move out of the area to the point where none of my friends and family live there anymore . They experienced the cultural enrichment first hand on their own doorstop and overwhelmingly voted with their feet .

Very few still remain . There are now areas where white Europeans are not welcome . As a result the problem is one that we have never had before . It's one that after 40 odd years is just getting worse if the crime stats are anything to go by .

What we see on our TV crime programs is a valuable snapshot of how dangerous and divided certain areas of the country have become . Integration is a word that only serves as a plaster over a gaping wound .
A wound that will not heal anytime soon .
As for my life experiences since leaving the area I grew up in , well all I can say is that it's the best thing I have ever done . We rarely see foreign faces and cultures and race and racism is never mentioned or reported about locally . Infact up until last year I think there was only 1 black officer in the entire constabulary .

It's a shame that we haven't been allowed to value and appreciate our proud heritage more without this 'racist ' word been mentioned at every juncture . Sad ...very sad .

the reason the area you live in is like that is nothing to do with ethnic of people who moved into the area but there social class and education levels. If the Asian people who move there had to go through the same strict immigration control as South Africans they would be highly educated and law abiding.
Original post by 999tigger
Dont they end up being ghettoised because its all in poor areas where no one else wants to live and white people move away to the suburbs and the country?

East London has always been a melting pot and gateway for immigration.

Previously it was Africans, Indians and Pakistanis, Jews and the Irish or Eastern Europeans or do they not count because you like a curry and some of them are white, so less noticeable?

we should have better immigration control only accept people who are highly education and able to look after themselves whatever religion ethnicity country there from.

There would be no ghetto because immigrates would be able to look after themselves and they would easily integrate into British society.
Many people, perhaps most, reading this thread will live to see "white Britons" becoming a minority in Britain.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/white-britons-will-be-minority-before-2070-says-professor-8600262.html

Maybe that will make it a better country, maybe it will make it a worse one. That will be a matter of opinion.

What I don't think is deniable, though, is that Britain will no longer be Britain. What makes a country is not the landscape or the buildings. It is the people.
Thirty to forty years ago, not too long ago in the grand scheme of things, places like Hackney and Islington in London, where my grandparents grew up were predominantly indigenous white working class British strongholds. Now these areas are completely different. The culture of these areas has completely changed. The pubs have closed down, the community centres closed down, expensive boutiqes and wine bars are everywhere and working people can no longer afford to buy a box let alone a flat to live in. Its all completely changed. Imagine being someone who grew up in these communities who no longer fits in in their own community because mass immigration from unfamiliar cultures like those YUPEEs with their high incomes, no kids and desire to gentrify what were salt of the earth places to live and work? You're the odd one out. I recently had a conversation about this with my grandparents and it's sad what has happened to some of our communities. A lack of integration of people with money and a working class culture and traditions have led to parts of Britain no longer being recognisable as British. No more can you walk into a pub and buy roast beef and Yorkshire pud. It is now deconstructed Apple Struddle.

The problem is that some on the left won't even recognise that this is a problem, instead calling the locals of these areas racist for being concerned about the overhaul of their neighbourhoods. It just makes me feel extremely sad, parts of Britain have been lost.
Original post by ByEeek
Thirty to forty years ago, not too long ago in the grand scheme of things, places like Hackney and Islington in London, where my grandparents grew up were predominantly indigenous white working class British strongholds.

Fifty years ago, one in eight of the population of Islington was black. One in fifteen was Irish and that was much more noticeable in a society where there was much more religious homogeneity.

One hundred years ago it is thought that more than one in six of the population of the Borough of Stepney were Jewish and that proportion had declined since the turn of the century.
Original post by nulli tertius
Fifty years ago, one in eight of the population of Islington was black. One in fifteen was Irish and that was much more noticeable in a society where there was much more religious homogeneity.

One hundred years ago it is thought that more than one in six of the population of the Borough of Stepney were Jewish and that proportion had declined since the turn of the century.

Gosh! Black community displaced by whites? Put that in your tea grandpa!

Of course it might be worth pointing out that it was once white landlords and home owners that rented / sold their properties to these pesky immigrants. Coming here spending their money - doing the jobs we need them to do! Whatever next!?
Original post by generallee
What are you smoking??

Aboriginal culture was unbelievably primitive in the eighteenth century (when first encountered in a serious way by Europeans). It was stone age.

In what possible way was it more sophisticated??? Are you comparing a few crude wall paintings to Leonardo and Michelangelo? A few blows on a pipe to Mozart and Beethoven? Some wanderings in "dreamtime" to Shakespeare and Milton?

The aborigines had no technology to speak of, no culture of any worth, no philosophy. They had made nothing of their country. They hadn't even developed a written language!

In the eighteenth century sailing around the world was comparable to going to the moon now. A prodigious enterprise.

The aborigines could just about carve a canoe out of bark to cross the nearest river whilst Captain Cook was circumnavigating the whole globe.

In what way were they a superior culture? What could they teach us then or now?

Culture is subjective that is what you fail to understand.
Original post by Chaz254
Comparing the immigration in 21st and 20th centuries from third world countries to first world countries with the most powerful empire in the world colonizing countries hundreds of years ago is completely moronic and pointless.

You seem to be pretty keen to forget the past.
Original post by JMR2017
Culture is subjective that is what you fail to understand.

Is it your view that the ability to circumnavigate the globe, through storms and tempests, with nothing to guide you but the stars and a sexton, was not an objective fact?

Nor that the contemporaneous ability, to sit on a plank to cross the nearest river, was also an objective reality??

Those were the cultural and technological comparisons of the time. Since then the aborigines have fallen still further behind.

Cultural relativism is not subject to disproof, obviously, but if you seriously can't see that one accomplishment is immeasurably superior to the other, further discussion is pointless.
Original post by generallee
Is it your view that the ability to circumnavigate the globe, through storms and tempests, with nothing to guide you but the stars and a sexton, was not an objective fact?

Nor that the contemporaneous ability, to sit on a plank to cross the nearest river, was also an objective reality??

Those were the cultural and technological comparisons of the time. Since then the aborigines have fallen still further behind.

Cultural relativism is not subject to disproof, obviously, but if you seriously can't see that one accomplishment is immeasurably superior to the other, further discussion is pointless.

How do you know Europeans were the first to circumnavigate the globe? It's only since the history is better recorded. Also aboriginals have not made such advances since we killed them all lol. And what do you say about Islamic culture being more scientifically and intellectually advanced before European culture ever was.
Original post by JMR2017
How do you know Europeans were the first to circumnavigate the globe? It's only since the history is better recorded. Also aboriginals have not made such advances since we killed them all lol. And what do you say about Islamic culture being more scientifically and intellectually advanced before European culture ever was.

Ok you're just deluded.
Original post by Chaz254
Ok you're just deluded.

Lol, just because I have a different opinion, I'm deluded am I?
Original post by JMR2017

You do know that the Islamic World as a hole has not made any scientific or intellectual advanced in around 500 years. I not saying that individuals from the Islamic World have not made advances in scientific knowledge.

The Islamic World is not very tolerance now speak to a Jewish person who forced to leave Iraq or any other Arab country. There believed to be less than 20 Jewish people living in !raq today there were over 40,000 Jews living in Iraq at the being of twenty century and they believed to have been there for more than 3000 years.

By the why I not including Iran because they have a 20000 strong Jewish community and Iran Christian community is also growing. There also highly educated it just a shame about the nuts Islamic clerics that run the country.

Denmark is the most advance country now it has the best human rights the happiness people and is scientific and intellectual advances.
In Denmark human sacrifice was done up to 11 century AD. The point is civilization raise and fell like the Islamic World.

There are thousand or maybe millions of aboriginals people in world today they not all been killed off. In next hundred years they might be the most advance group.
Original post by looloo2134
You do know that the Islamic World as a hole has not made any scientific or intellectual advanced in around 500 years. I not saying that individuals from the Islamic World have not made advances in scientific knowledge.

The Islamic World is not very tolerance now speak to a Jewish person who forced to leave Iraq or any other Arab country. There believed to be less than 20 Jewish people living in !raq today there were over 40,000 Jews living in Iraq at the being of twenty century and they believed to have been there for more than 3000 years.

By the why I not including Iran because they have a 20000 strong Jewish community and Iran Christian community is also growing. There also highly educated it just a shame about the nuts Islamic clerics that run the country.

Denmark is the most advance country now it has the best human rights the happiness people and is scientific and intellectual advances.
In Denmark human sacrifice was done up to 11 century AD. The point is civilization raise and fell like the Islamic World.

There are thousand or maybe millions of aboriginals people in world today they not all been killed off. In next hundred years they might be the most advance group.

Yeah I agree with you to an extent.
Original post by looloo2134

But don't make the mistake of conflating Islam the religion with the culture of certain Islamic countries.
Original post by MartinF98
Thirty to forty years ago, not too long ago in the grand scheme of things, places like Ilford in East London, where my grandparents grew up, and places like Luton were predominantly indigenous white British. Now these areas are completely different. The culture of these areas has completely changed. The pubs have closed down, the community centres closed down, mosques and temples built, traditional English shops replaced with halal meat and Polski skleps, its all completely changed. Imagine being someone who grew up in these communities who no longer fits in in their own community because mass immigration from unfamiliar cultures and a lack of integration mean that you're the foreigner in your local neighbourhood. You're the odd one out. I recently had a conversation about this with my grandparents and it's sad what has happened to some of our communities. A lack of integration int traditional western culture, British culture and traditions have led to parts of Britain no longer being recognisable as British

The problem is you are a racist and just see colour.

50 years ago jewish migrants changed the demographics of east london

100 years ago it was another group

Migration has happened through out history. Only difference is colour of skin post ww2
Lol @ defining your culture by pubs and meat shops.

Pubs close because of changing consumer patterns

If your grand parents regard a meat shop as a foriegn culture because the owner has a different sounding surname, that is their problem

I bet if you took someone from 1840s britian they would feel like they lived on a different planet in 1940s with non church of England churches everywhere and irish people allowed in pubs
Original post by hannah00
The problem is you are a racist and just see colour.

50 years ago jewish migrants changed the demographics of east london

100 years ago it was another group

Migration has happened through out history. Only difference is colour of skin post ww2

The difference is numbers....
Vast numbers over a very short space of time .
Quoting skin colour and racist rhetoric simply doesn't wash .
Terrorism , knife crime, sex offences , modern day slavery , drugs offences and gun crime can all be traced back to specific ethnic groups and culture ..remember Rotherham and Rochdale and NewCastle?
The colour of a person's skin is irrelevant but when it is collated in a way for purposes that is for criminal investigation and records...the findings become very uncomfortable for a particular mind set .
I'm not about to dish the dirt on the blacks and Pakistani's amongst us ...but I can and will . It's all out there in the public domain. Seek and ye shall find ....

Latest