Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are most peoples opinions on university Christian Unions?

Honest responses please.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    No opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I got introduced to the Christian Union in my university and some of them only talk about Christianity even when I change the topic.

Now they want to have Bible study sessions with me.

Also I'm atheist.

ReputationRep:
    A bunch of fundamentalists from the dark ages was my impression of them at uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    A bunch of fundamentalists from the dark ages was my impression of them at uni.
    Yes exactly. I thought that too. In my school there wasn't anyone like that. Everyone was atheist. And no one talked about religion.

I'm just surprised that they still existed when I spoke to them.

ReputationRep:
    They give me free food so I like them
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rleah1998)
    They give me free food so I like them
    They don't give me free food.

ReputationRep:
    Bumped into them again today.

It was frustrating listening to what they had to say.
    Only talking about people who don't accept Jesus go to hell and that their mission in life is to spread the message and covert others.

ReputationRep:
    Believe or burn!!!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I have a very low opinion of university Christian Unions. They have a very narrow vision of Christianity and are quite exclusionary, as you have found, OP. I kept well away from them and they kept well away from me, thankfully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I have a very low opinion of university Christian Unions. They have a very narrow vision of Christianity and are quite exclusionary, as you have found, OP. I kept well away from them and they kept well away from me, thankfully
    Yes exactly. Always shoving down people's throats. They told me they don't do charity because it doesn't help them get closer to Jesus, and that spreading Christianity to convert others is their life mission.

ReputationRep:
    Bunch of ******s

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.