Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to Procrastinate your way to Uni Watch

ReputationRep:

Name:  bana2.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  132.5 KB

Hey my name is Kathy, and welcome to my 'Grow your Grades' blog for 2017-18!:yay:

Why have I started this blog?
    One of the things I've always prided myself on/ hated myself for is my incredible ability to leave everything to the last minute. For instance, during my first set of mock exams last Easter, I managed to leave all of my Biology AS revision until 3 days before the exam.
    Gentle recommendation: NEVER put yourself in a position where you have less than 72 hours to revise a year-long course, ESPECIALLY if its a STEM subject. I barely ate or slept for the entire revision period.
    Whilst I did miraculously manage to leave the experience with a grade A, I will have a full head of grey hair by the time I finish Year 13 if I keep this up. Hence my new academic years resolution: Adopt Beaver Mentality

... No, I have not gone insane (not yet anyway). This year I intend to revise for my exams the way beavers build their dams: one twig at a time.

I keep trying to pick up huge trees and dump them across the river to dam the water all at once, but much like beavers, my arms aren't big enough to hold big oak trees. I keep dropping them. Instead, I need to start gnawing down the tree trunks until I have manageable chunks of wood that I can construct over time into a better, more secure dam.

In case my crazy metaphorical talk isn't making any sense to you, I'm trying to say that I need to break the revision I have to do down and complete it over a long period of time rather than all at once.
    Basically, I've made up some big convoluted analogy just to explain to you that I need to improve my time management skills... Yeah that thing I said earlier about not being insane yet? Feel free to call it into question.

ANYWAY back to the point, adopting beaver mentality is easier said than done. Beavers have innate instincts to build dams slowly over time, but me? My instinctive behaviour is to laze around eating chocolate. That's where this blog comes in. Perhaps a place to vent my crazy beaver nonsense and talk about my progress will help me in my goal to, wait for it: grow my grades. Novel idea huh? I guess we'll see how it goes.

Other information you might like to know about me:

Academic Achievements:

GCSE's:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Geography: A*
    Religious Studies: A*
    Biology: A*
    Chemistry: A*
    Physics: A*
    Psychology: A*
    History: A
    Maths: A
    English Literature: A
    English Language: A
    French: B

Total: 6 A*'s, 4 A's, 1 B

AS Levels:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Psychology: A

A Level Predictions:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Geography: A*
    History: A
    Biology: A

Other:
    Spoiler:
    Show

EPQ: A*
    (In case you're wondering, my question was: 'Will the earth be able to cope with a population of 10 billion?')

Bronze Duke of Edinburgh:Pass
    Silver Duke of Edinburgh:Pass
    Gold Duke of Edinburgh: Pending (and probably always will be) 😅
    National Citizenship Service:Pass

University Offers:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I have applied to study an undergraduate degree in Geography at:

1. UCL - Conditional Offer AAA
    Entry requirements: AAA

2. Durham - Conditional Offer AAB
    Entry requirements: A*AA

3. Kings College London - Conditional Offer AAB
    Entry requirements: AAB

4. LSE - Pending
    Entry requirements: AAA

5. Cambridge - Pending
    Entry requirements: A*AA

ReputationRep:
    Amazing *clap clap* Wonderful analogy Kathy haha.
    I'm in year 13 too so this will be interesting to watch!

Your uni choices are goals as well, you go girl!

You have a very good strategy, let's kick procrastination in the butt! Good luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    This is a brilliant blog! I'm currently in year 13 and sorta f***ed up my AS with um, last minute preparation.
    Literally. (You can guess how that went e_e)
    Looking forward to updates and techniques to beat procrastination once and for all :'D Given that I'm in the same boat as you at the moment x_x
    Your results were excellent! And the beaver mentality definitely makes a LOT of sense and I really should try to adopt it and make it part of my routine, especially my revision routine.
    Start with little, build up over time. I tried it with one of my subjects and it worked brilliantly.
    Hope you achieve your goals! I'll be trying my best alongside you and everyone on here! Best of luck 👍

ReputationRep:
    May I suggest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_FqjPL73Ng (the first half of the video)

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Keep working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wulfalwyn)
    Amazing *clap clap* Wonderful analogy Kathy haha.
    I'm in year 13 too so this will be interesting to watch!

Your uni choices are goals as well, you go girl!

You have a very good strategy, let's kick procrastination in the butt! Good luck!
    Haha thank you! It's good to know that there's someone else out there that doesn't think using Beavers as study inspiration is a bit loopy by age 18. I blame it on A Levels personally, how is my brain supposed to function normally under stress levels like this :'D

Thank you, I'm so excited about my offers from UCL and Durham! Now just to meet the grades... heh... heh. Hopefully I'll figure out how to not procrastinate my way out of that one.

Hope to hear from you more in the future, we can fight our way through year 13 together :'D Have you applied to any uni's yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theother51)
    Haha thank you! It's good to know that there's someone else out there that doesn't think using Beavers as study inspiration is a bit loopy by age 18. I blame it on A Levels personally, how is my brain supposed to function normally under stress levels like this :'D

Thank you, I'm so excited about my offers from UCL and Durham! Now just to meet the grades... heh... heh. Hopefully I'll figure out how to not procrastinate my way out of that one.

Hope to hear from you more in the future, we can fight our way through year 13 together :'D Have you applied to any uni's yet?
    It's only fair to take inspiration from nature, it's had billions of years of research itself hehe. Stress must do wonders to cause that.
    Hahah, I believe in you! Your As levels and GCSEs are great!

Yes we can :') I haven't applied to any unis yet because I'm staying an extra year. It took me a year to realise I probably shouldn't have chosen Physics... I'm doing what I love now though so it will be worth it!

Geography is an interesting choice, do you know what you want to do after uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amylololol)
    This is a brilliant blog! I'm currently in year 13 and sorta f***ed up my AS with um, last minute preparation.
    Literally. (You can guess how that went e_e)
    Looking forward to updates and techniques to beat procrastination once and for all :'D Given that I'm in the same boat as you at the moment x_x
    Your results were excellent! And the beaver mentality definitely makes a LOT of sense and I really should try to adopt it and make it part of my routine, especially my revision routine.
    Start with little, build up over time. I tried it with one of my subjects and it worked brilliantly.
    Hope you achieve your goals! I'll be trying my best alongside you and everyone on here! Best of luck 👍
    Thank you! I definately get you on the not preparing for AS levels front. I was planning on dropping Biology at AS and continuing with Psychology, before I realised that realistically Psychology was a lot easier to cram than Biology :'D Trust me to make life choices dependent on how disorganised I am.

Ah so you've mastered beaver mentality! Teach me your ways! Here I am writing a blog about gradual revision, but I've never actually done it before. I've just really mastered cramming over the years :'D BUT NO MORE! I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and do continuous revision if it kills me! Hopefully this blog will be testament to that :'D

Good luck on your A level grades, which subjects are you taking? We can procrastinate on our journey to them together :'D Hope to hear from you soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonjonbo)
    May I suggest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_FqjPL73Ng (the first half of the video)
    Omg who knew it was possible to relate so much to someone in less than one minute! I've yet to fall down the reddit hole (I'm almost afraid to visit the site because I know it'll start to take over my life), but I've wasted countless hours scrolling through Quora or aimlessly clicking on youtube videos of cats :'D

He definately has a point about how it works just leaving everything to the last minute so you can motivate your studying with panic, leaving you free to do what you want the rest of the time. That has definitely been my philosophy up until this point. But after my last mocks... yeesh, I don't think my nerves could take such a compacted amount of stress again!

Plus, I'm hoping my grades could be even better if I actually prepared for exams properly rather than cram. I'm prepared to lose leisure time if it will get me those grades - if I can avoid procrastinating that is! One of my favourite Ted Talk lecturers ever definitely showcased the need for a slow build up of revision in his talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arj7oStGLkU
    I definitely recommend you give it a watch, it describes procrastination perfectly. It takes a concept like my beaver analogy and makes it way more sophisticated and fun :'D

ReputationRep:
    It's only fair to take inspiration from nature, it's had billions of years of research itself hehe. Stress must do wonders to cause that.
    Hahah, I believe in you! Your As levels and GCSEs are great!

Yes we can :' I haven't applied to any unis yet because I'm staying an extra year. It took me a year to realise I probably shouldn't have chosen Physics... I'm doing what I love now though so it will be worth it!

Geography is an interesting choice, do you know what you want to do after uni?
    True! At the end of the day, no one can deny that nature is more productive than the best of us - Why not use it as a role model? You never see nature procrastinating :'D

Sorry to hear about your physics crisis, but at least you've found your passion now which is great! Which is the lucky subject you're pursuing now?

I have pretty much no idea what I want to do after uni - I certainly didn't choose Geography for its obvious career path! I'm thinking of looking into marketing a bit and maybe doing an online course or something next summer, but right now I'm too busy putting off worrying about my career to give it too much thought! Its hard enough trying to organise my school work, I'll need to train in productivity a bit before I start trying to piece together the mess that is my life too :'D Do you have any idea of what yo might want to use your degree for?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I definately get you on the not preparing for AS levels front. I was planning on dropping Biology at AS and continuing with Psychology, before I realised that realistically Psychology was a lot easier to cram than Biology :'D Trust me to make life choices dependent on how disorganised I am.

Ah so you've mastered beaver mentality! Teach me your ways! Here I am writing a blog about gradual revision, but I've never actually done it before. I've just really mastered cramming over the years :'D BUT NO MORE! I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and do continuous revision if it kills me! Hopefully this blog will be testament to that :'D

Good luck on your A level grades, which subjects are you taking? We can procrastinate on our journey to them together :'D Hope to hear from you soon!
    Thanks and to you as well! Gradual revision really only begins when you force yourself to get tf up and get to work because your damn future depends on it. And really just motivation and self awareness - I only realized that during my prep for physics - got 'better' marks, not excellent but it worked out a LOT better than before. After that, I kinda chilled and got a bit too relaxed on my other subjects i.e biology, chemistry, math. And now I'm suffering from chronic procrastination :| I'm going to be pursuing dietetics in the future so I really need to get out of my procrastinatory habits in order to get somewhere with the main subjects at least x_x (biology and chemistry, primarily)
    So if you manage to find out an awesome way to get yourself to get revising, do share with us all! All our prayers and wishes in return, from your fellow procrastinators shall get you far in life ;D
    Other than that, for me, it was plain motivation and 'passion' I guess, to study and get an A* and I believed that I would - so I got up at 5am and got studying during my summer vaca's and aced through physics and now that I look back at it, I seriously don't believe how I got there and did that o_o I mean how can someone like me be so darn productive? I realized that it really did boil down to how badly you want to win and ace that subject - beat the examiner and prove your worth.
    Hope I can get into that mentality again - and I hope you do too! It definitely helps get regular with your routine to success!

ReputationRep:
    True! At the end of the day, no one can deny that nature is more productive than the best of us - Why not use it as a role model? You never see nature procrastinating :'D

Sorry to hear about your physics crisis, but at least you've found your passion now which is great! Which is the lucky subject you're pursuing now?

I have pretty much no idea what I want to do after uni - I certainly didn't choose Geography for its obvious career path! I'm thinking of looking into marketing a bit and maybe doing an online course or something next summer, but right now I'm too busy putting off worrying about my career to give it too much thought! Its hard enough trying to organise my school work, I'll need to train in productivity a bit before I start trying to piece together the mess that is my life too :'D Do you have any idea of what yo might want to use your degree for?
    Aye, very wise words! XD

I study Film Studies now. I thought I wouldn't like it as much as media since its more essay based, but I actually enjoy it a lot so far. I guess it goes to show you should always keep an open mind because you never know what you may find!

That's fair enough not knowing what to do, not knowing where to turn holds fun surprises anyway. What about geography interests you, and what made you decide to study it further? I don't know much about the degree admittedly, but I can guess it must offer a lot of transferable skills? Marketing is a cool choice! The demand for digital marketers is going up and up.

Ah I feel you about being too busy to think about it. Sometimes it can be a bit too much. The way I got around that personally was, whenever I'd procrastinate from work, I'd do it TO DO RESEARCH out of sheer paranoia- results have been promising.

If you find good productivity tips feel free to share. How people find the time to make detailed, Pinterest notes on the phenomena of all that is living is still a mystery to me :'). Have you heard of the Pomodoro Technique? that's apparently really effective at increasing productivity! I haven't tried it yet for some reason but I definitely will since a big struggle is feeling engaged after too long.

I'm not sure what I'd use my degree for. Maybe in video production, or something. At least I'll have a lot of doors open to decide .

Good luck piecing your life together, we'll be piecing ours together along side you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amylololol)
    Thanks and to you as well! Gradual revision really only begins when you force yourself to get tf up and get to work because your damn future depends on it. And really just motivation and self awareness - I only realized that during my prep for physics - got 'better' marks, not excellent but it worked out a LOT better than before. After that, I kinda chilled and got a bit too relaxed on my other subjects i.e biology, chemistry, math. And now I'm suffering from chronic procrastination :| I'm going to be pursuing dietetics in the future so I really need to get out of my procrastinatory habits in order to get somewhere with the main subjects at least x_x (biology and chemistry, primarily)
    So if you manage to find out an awesome way to get yourself to get revising, do share with us all! All our prayers and wishes in return, from your fellow procrastinators shall get you far in life ;D
    Other than that, for me, it was plain motivation and 'passion' I guess, to study and get an A* and I believed that I would - so I got up at 5am and got studying during my summer vaca's and aced through physics and now that I look back at it, I seriously don't believe how I got there and did that o_o I mean how can someone like me be so darn productive? I realized that it really did boil down to how badly you want to win and ace that subject - beat the examiner and prove your worth.
    Hope I can get into that mentality again - and I hope you do too! It definitely helps get regular with your routine to success!
    5AM EVERY MORNING?! DURING THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS?!? omg you have a new fan, I am in awe. Although I suppose you need that kind of mentality when all your subjects are science and maths! 😂I'm not sure I'll ever find the willpower to get up that early, but I'll definitely try to take your advice and think about my passion for the subjects and my end goal of getting into a good uni when I'm trying to motivate myself to study. Good luck getting a career in dietetics, although you should have no problem with that amazing attitude!
    I'm going to sound like a complete noob now, but what is dietetics exactly? 😅 Is it a bit like a nutritionist? I've never really looked much into science-based jobs so I'm pretty naive when it comes to anything in that industry 😂

ReputationRep:
    wishing you the best of luck!! loving your blog, completely understand the pains of a-level biology and history

well done on your offers and hope you get the rest! can i ask what sort of career you are interested in after uni?

ReputationRep:
    Aye, very wise words! XD

I study Film Studies now. I thought I wouldn't like it as much as media since its more essay based, but I actually enjoy it a lot so far. I guess it goes to show you should always keep an open mind because you never know what you may find!

That's fair enough not knowing what to do, not knowing where to turn holds fun surprises anyway. What about geography interests you, and what made you decide to study it further? I don't know much about the degree admittedly, but I can guess it must offer a lot of transferable skills? Marketing is a cool choice! The demand for digital marketers is going up and up.

Ah I feel you about being too busy to think about it. Sometimes it can be a bit too much. The way I got around that personally was, whenever I'd procrastinate from work, I'd do it TO DO RESEARCH out of sheer paranoia- results have been promising.

If you find good productivity tips feel free to share. How people find the time to make detailed, Pinterest notes on the phenomena of all that is living is still a mystery to me :'. Have you heard of the Pomodoro Technique? that's apparently really effective at increasing productivity! I haven't tried it yet for some reason but I definitely will since a big struggle is feeling engaged after too long.

I'm not sure what I'd use my degree for. Maybe in video production, or something. At least I'll have a lot of doors open to decide .

Good luck piecing your life together, we'll be piecing ours together along side you.
    Wow, now that is one dramatic change in direction if I've ever seen one, Physics to Film studies is quite a leap! That's pretty awesome though, I love movies so I can imagine that must be really interesting to study. Maybe one day I'll go to the cinema and see you've produced the next big blockbuster! Also 'you should always keep an open mind because you never know what you may find' is my new favourite rhyme and will be my top inspirational quote from now on 😂

I mainly like Geography because of the subject content; to quote my personal statement: 'To me, studying Geography means learning about the issues that affect us all; the issues that transcend our individual concerns and shape the way the world will progress into the future'.
    Plus it gives me a bunch of research, data and presentation skills that should get me a decent job, especially if I get a degree from a good uni. Now I just have to decide what that job is going to be 😅 But as you say, I guess the surprise aspect of that is nice!
    Demand for digital marketing is actually partially what motivated me to make this blog, alongside procrastination-busting and grade improvement of course. Lots of career websites recommend starting an online blog to become more employable in that sector, but whenever I've tried before I've always lost steam with it. But I reckon maybe a smaller, easily-to-format blog like this might be a good way to ease myself in, so that later I can go onto proper blog websites and such. Maybe even learn some coding during that summer for it. Idk it's all pipe dreams right now, I've got to focus on my exams first!

The Pomodoro technique is one of those things I've always meant to try but never got round to because, you know...

:crast:

If you get round to giving it a go definitely let me know if it helps, I'm open to anything that could get me to work at this point. Although my problem is generally getting myself to start the task, let alone finish it, so I'm not sure it would solve all my problems 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phosphene)
    wishing you the best of luck!! loving your blog, completely understand the pains of a-level biology and history

well done on your offers and hope you get the rest! can i ask what sort of career you are interested in after uni?
    Thank you, thank you and thank you! Also YES, Biology exams are actually the biggest stress and don't even get me started on History coursework! How we are surviving this is a mystery to me 😭 What periods of History are you studying (I'm looking at 19th century Britain and Tsarist & Communist Russia) and what other subject are you taking?

I'm not too sure on the whole career front yet, but marketing is a big consideration at the moment. I'm hoping to get some work experience in it during the summer or something. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, thank you and thank you! Also YES, Biology exams are actually the biggest stress and don't even get me started on History coursework! How we are surviving this is a mystery to me 😭 What periods of History are you studying (I'm looking at 19th century Britain and Tsarist & Communist Russia) and what other subject are you taking?

I'm not too sure on the whole career front yet, but marketing is a big consideration at the moment. I'm hoping to get some work experience in it during the summer or something. How about you?
    I do Russia also! Wars of the Roses as well, which is much better than Russia tbh ( i'm so sick of economic policies and reforms, alexander iii is killing me )

I'm currently doing Biology, Chemistry, History, French and EPQ I would like to do something in conservation or in developing pharmaceuticals but not really too sure. Marketing sounds really good! Work experience is such a nightmare, all my placements are so irrelevant I'm just taking what I can find!

ReputationRep:
    19/11/17

:eek4: Important Dates to Stress About :eek3:

HOORAY first update! Not going to lie its taken a few hours of intense self-motivation to haul my lazy butt out of bed (yes I know it's 2pm don't judge me) to write a post.
    In all honesty, I'm supposed to be doing history coursework right now, and writing this blog update was supposed to be my reward for finishing it. But for some reason, the idea of spending 5 hours analysing the extent to which religion caused instability during the Tudor dynasty didn't make me want to leave my duvet cocoon much. So I compromised with myself: write the blog post now, do the coursework, then you can post it afterwards. If all goes to plan and I don't distract myself with cat videos until dinner, this should be going up at about 7pm. I'll update you to see how that goes 😂

Anyway, for my first update, I thought it would be a good idea to address everything I'm working towards at the moment, in terms of big deadlines, exams and all that fun stuff. I spent all of yesterday working out everything that I needed to do and planning how I was going to use the time I had to do it in productively, which has culminated in 2 procrastination-busting tools that I like to call 'The Beaver Calendar' and 'The Panic Monster Calendar'. I still have a few amendments to make to them though and I don't want this post to go on for too long, so that will be a discussion for next week. Or the week after... 😅

I have an unofficial personal goal to update this every Sunday, but years of experience have informed me that making commitments like that when you're a serial procrastinator only ends in disappointment 😂

Back to the point, here's what I'll be complaining a lot about over the coming weeks:

1. Cambridge Admissions Interview
    Date: 7th or 8th December 2017

An admissions administrator from Cambridge University came to talk to Oxbridge applicants from my school about what to expect from interviews on Friday morning. Not only did she make me realise that I was drastically underprepared, but also that I only have just over 2 weeks to get it all together. That is NOT a comfortable amount of time. I need to spend a few hours recapping everything in my personal statement, including reading 300 pages of a book that I totally didn't lie about finishing on my application. On top of that, I need to read up on current affairs AND practice talking about my subject. I am TERRIBLE at talking - there's a reason I've started a written blog rather than a podcast dammit. We've been tasked with booking practice interviews with some of our teachers, and I'm almost as nervous about doing those as the real thing!
    You know what the worst part is? It might all be pointless! My college has just told all Geography applicants to reserve those dates, I haven't actually been given any official interview invitation yet. Which is fine, not many other applicants have either, but it does mean that I might put all this effort into practice now only to be rejected. But if I wait for an invite, I won't be prepared in time. AGH! Why am I applying to Cambridge again? 😫

2. Biology AS mock exam
    Date: 8th December and 11th December 2017

For reasons known only to her, my Biology teacher has decided to give us a pre-mock mock exam. Yes that's right, she wants us to do a mock that will help us prepare for our mock in January. Even though we've already done an End of Year 12 mock and a UCAS prediction mock in September that work to that exact same effect. If we've really got 2 lessons spare to split an AS exam over, I'd rather you spend it on revision thank you 🙄😭

3. History Coursework Draft Deadline
    Date: 11th December 2017

This is a big one for me, because I've already missed one deadline for this. Not to put a downer on the tone of this blog or anything, but my Uncle passed away a few weeks ago and it sort of spiralled me out of control for a bit. We were very close, and all ideas of work and school just faded away for a while, leaving me in a pretty bad position when the hand-in date rolled up and I'd barely written a paragraph. Fortunately my teacher understood and I'm getting grief counselling now so I feel like I'm back on track, but it has left me with a mountain of work to catch up on before this next deadline hits. I'm determined to do it though, may the Beaver lord help me 🙏😂

4. Driving Test
    Date: 4th January 2018

I started learning to drive about a month after I turned 17 last September, now 1 year and 2 failed tests later I'm still trying 😂 In my defence I didn't technically 'fail' the first test - the instructor just had nothing to pass me for because I'd forgotten to bring my stupid driving license 😅 Without that I wasn't even allowed to get in the car, which was pretty annoying considering I'd paid for the test and to use my instructors car for the hour! 😭 So yeah, learn from my mistakes people, bring your freaking license to a driving test. It's kind of important 😂
    As for the second test, I'd just come back from a driving hiatus for exams and a holiday with my friend's family in China, so I was NOT prepared. I was so anxious that at one point I was literally shaking the car with nerves. Needless to say that it did not go well, so now I'm hoping for third time lucky. However, I recently realised that I managed to book the test one week before my January mocks.. Great. Now I have to juggle driving practice with revision time... my hopes are not high 😭😂

5. Subject Mocks

Dates:
    - Biology: 10th January 2018
    - Russian History: 11th January 2018
    - Physical Geography: 12th January 2018
    - Human Geography: 18th January 2018
    - British History: 18th January 2018

Ahh yes, the dreaded January mocks that all students spend their christmas break stressing about rather than enjoying themselves. This is really what I need to get my beaver game on for if I don't want it to be as stressful as my UCAS prediction mocks last September 😂 As I said before, I've started to think about how I can best prepare for this in my 'Beaver Calendar', but it's still a work in progress. I need to hurry the hell up though - I swear I will definitely have it all sorted out by next week. And that isn't just an empty promise... maybe.

Anyway that just about wraps things up for this week. I'll get on with my History coursework now because jeez this took way longer than I thought. Probably going to have to amend that 7pm upload time to 8pm. Ughhh why is school so much effort.

-----------------

So its now 12am and I should be asleep but I just realised I forgot to upload this! History coursework went fairly well, I only did 3 hours of revision when I'd planned to do 5 because the procrastination bug bit, but considering I never normally get round to doing anything on Sunday's I'm not too disappointed 😂

Also just wanted to say a quick thank you to anybody that’s taken an interest in this blog so far, I genuinely thought this would just be a little corner of the internet where I'd ramble to myself and pretend I wasn't the only one who cared, so receiving a few comments and reps was a nice surprise If anyone would like to tag me in their posts or get me to check out their own blog please comment below, its really cool seeing how other people are dealing with work or battling their own procrastination demons 😂

See you (hopefully) next week!
    Kathy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phosphene)
    I do Russia also! Wars of the Roses as well, which is much better than Russia tbh ( i'm so sick of economic policies and reforms, alexander iii is killing me )

I'm currently doing Biology, Chemistry, History, French and EPQ I would like to do something in conservation or in developing pharmaceuticals but not really too sure. Marketing sounds really good! Work experience is such a nightmare, all my placements are so irrelevant I'm just taking what I can find!
    Haha I prefer British History as well, Alexander II and III need to get in a bin 😂 It sounds like you're in Year 12, if so I'm sorry to say it doesn't get much better in Year 13, Lenin and Stalin equally make you want to die 😭
    I don't know much about pharmaceuticals, but I love the idea of conservation (assuming you mean of wildlife?). I almost applied to go on an elephant conservation volunteer course in Africa for my Gold DofE a while ago before A levels got in the way, but it's definitely something I'll look more into in the future!
    As for work experience I'm in the same boat, aside from a few part time jobs in retail and tutoring and a week in an admin office with my mum, I have nothing. So basically no relevant work experience for my career choice at all 😂 Its okay, I think a lot of people do most of their work experience in uni so it's not too big of a deal, but I'll definitely try and get ahead next summer if I can!

ReputationRep:
    Ah this is so cool , keeping a track of your progress ! I’m doing a masters now and sit and wonder how the hell I got here hehe :groovy:

Good luck with it all , no matter what happens , you got this xoxoxox

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.