Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I went to university in 2014 to study nursing but for personal reasons had to withdraw from the course before the end of my first year. I got evidence from the university for extenuating circumstances but it was not accepted by SFE. I then went on to do a Foundation Year in order to gain the qualifications for radiography and then last September started on a Diagnostic Radiography course. I was very unhappy at the university I went to for this and decided it was best to leave. I really want to go back to study radiography but at a different university, but when speaking to people from SFE on the phone I have been given various different answers about funding. Am I entitled to any funding at all or would I have to pay the full fees each year? And if that is the case, when does payment have to be made?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natdanielle)
    I went to university in 2014 to study nursing but for personal reasons had to withdraw from the course before the end of my first year. I got evidence from the university for extenuating circumstances but it was not accepted by SFE. I then went on to do a Foundation Year in order to gain the qualifications for radiography and then last September started on a Diagnostic Radiography course. I was very unhappy at the university I went to for this and decided it was best to leave. I really want to go back to study radiography but at a different university, but when speaking to people from SFE on the phone I have been given various different answers about funding. Am I entitled to any funding at all or would I have to pay the full fees each year? And if that is the case, when does payment have to be made?
    Hi natdanielle,

The rule regarding previous study states that students are entitled to the ordinary duration of their course plus 1 extra year, minus any previous study, for example.

3 + 1 = 4 - 3 = 1 year of full funding and this will be paid in the final year of the course.

Thanks

Catherine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.