Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!!
    I was just wondering as a prospective RHUL student what parking is available for 1st year undergraduate students. I live across the country so I was hoping to bring my car with me next year so that I can travel back and forth home without worrying about public transport.

Thank you 😊
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Kate12354,

Parking on campus is restricted to permit holders only, but if you live in our Kingswood Halls you will have access to your own car park. Our Kingswood Halls are a five minute bus ride from campus and have the only car park for undergraduate students, so it’s definitely something to consider when it’s time to choose your preferred hall of residence. The bus service is super regular as well with a bus to and from campus running every 30 minutes.

I actually lived in Kingswood in my first year and many of my friends brought their cars with them. Having access to the car park was extremely useful when we wanted to take day trips out or just do our weekly food shop.

You can find more information about parking on campus on our website here but let me know if you have any more questions!

What are you looking to study at Royal Holloway?

Susana

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help 😊

Is it possible when applying for accommodation to specify which residence you would like to live in? Or atleast state that you would like to live somewhere that you can bring your car?

I'm hoping to study English literature and creative writing, if I'm lucky enough to get an offer.

Thanks again!!!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    When it’s time to choose your accommodation, you’ll be asked to rank all the accommodation options available from most to least preferred and then a random number generator will order the applications received by the deadline to determine which room you receive. We have guaranteed accommodation for all new undergraduate students so you won’t need to worry about that.

I would recommend taking a look at our accommodation webpage here to see what each one offers (including parking). I loved living in Kingswood – 8Bar9 was a favorite hangout spot for my friends and me – so please feel free to ask me any questions you might have about living there. :thumbsup:

I wish you the best of luck with your application! If you are interested in chatting to a current English student, you can go to the “Chat with our Students” page here and speak with Isabella or any of our other current students. Isabella is currently in 3rd year studying English and Drama so she’d be more than happy to chat about the course with you.

Susana

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
    When it’s time to choose your accommodation, you’ll be asked to rank all the accommodation options available from most to least preferred and then a random number generator will order the applications received by the deadline to determine which room you receive. We have guaranteed accommodation for all new undergraduate students so you won’t need to worry about that.

I would recommend taking a look at our accommodation webpage here to see what each one offers (including parking). I loved living in Kingswood – 8Bar9 was a favorite hangout spot for my friends and me – so please feel free to ask me any questions you might have about living there. :thumbsup:

I wish you the best of luck with your application! If you are interested in chatting to a current English student, you can go to the “Chat with our Students” page here and speak with Isabella or any of our other current students. Isabella is currently in 3rd year studying English and Drama so she’d be more than happy to chat about the course with you.

Susana
    Hi! I only live 30 minutes from Royal Holloway so if I get accepted I was hoping to drive in every day... is this going to be a possibility? Where would I be able to park?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.