Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm on a foundation diploma in art and design at UAL and I want to apply for BEng Product Design Engineering. I've got my A level grades already which meet the requirements, and I was wondering if I've got a good chance on getting an offer even though I'm coming from an Fda course. Will it make a difference?
    I wasn't able to make it to an open day, and I read that I can't get specific information on a campus tour.
    Also, is there anyone I could be put in touch to speak to?
    Thanks in advance, OMF
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by OMF)
    Hi,
    I'm on a foundation diploma in art and design at UAL and I want to apply for BEng Product Design Engineering. I've got my A level grades already which meet the requirements, and I was wondering if I've got a good chance on getting an offer even though I'm coming from an Fda course. Will it make a difference?
    I wasn't able to make it to an open day, and I read that I can't get specific information on a campus tour.
    Also, is there anyone I could be put in touch to speak to?
    Thanks in advance, OMF
    Hi OMF

I replied to the visitor message you left - but not sure if you'll get to see it.
    In a nutshell - it makes no difference to us if you're coming from a foundation course.
    If you have the grades already, that's really in your favour.

The person you need to speak to as a lady called Sheralyn Thorne. You can call her on 01509 227 644 for a quick response or e-mail her at [email protected]
    Get in touch with her - she'll be more than happy to help.

Vicky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loughborough University)
    Hi OMF

I replied to the visitor message you left - but not sure if you'll get to see it.
    In a nutshell - it makes no difference to us if you're coming from a foundation course.

The person you need to speak to as a lady called Sheralyn Thorne. You can call her on 01509 227 644 for a quick response or e-mail her at [email protected]

Vicky
    Hi there, i was just wondering if you didnt get the a levels but get the foundation, could you still apply for the communication etc course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loughborough University)
    Hi OMF

Vicky
    Thanks for the reply, I'll get in touch with Sheralyn Thorne.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by dk.carlos)
    Hi there, i was just wondering if you didnt get the a levels but get the foundation, could you still apply for the communication etc course
    Hi dk.carlos

Honestly I don't know. I know our foundation courses are for people that didn't quite get the grades or have done the wrong a-levels. As for a foundation from other places, I'd have to ask our admissions team.
    I'll get back to you after the weekend on that.

Vicky
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by OMF)
    Thanks for the reply, I'll get in touch with Sheralyn Thorne.
    :cool:
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by dk.carlos)
    Hi dk.carlos

If you do an art foundation courses here - providing you pass it you can automatically progress on to the graphic and comms course. (more info here: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/a...graduatestudy/ )

If you have art foundation from somewhere else we'd normally expect 2 CCs at A_level to support it, but you can still apply, but would have to go through interview process.

Hope that helps
    Vicky

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 20, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.