Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm on a foundation diploma in art and design at UAL and I want to apply for BEng Product Design Engineering. I've got my A level grades already which meet the requirements, and I was wondering if I've got a good chance on getting an offer even though I'm coming from an Fda course. Will it make a difference?
    I wasn't able to make it to an open day, and I read that I can't get specific information on a campus tour.
    Also, is there anyone I could be put in touch to speak to?
    Thanks in advance, OMF
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMF)
    Hi,
    I'm on a foundation diploma in art and design at UAL and I want to apply for BEng Product Design Engineering. I've got my A level grades already which meet the requirements, and I was wondering if I've got a good chance on getting an offer even though I'm coming from an Fda course. Will it make a difference?
    I wasn't able to make it to an open day, and I read that I can't get specific information on a campus tour.
    Also, is there anyone I could be put in touch to speak to?
    Thanks in advance, OMF
    Hi OMF

I replied to the visitor message you left - but not sure if you'll get to see it.
    In a nutshell - it makes no difference to us if you're coming from a foundation course.
    If you have the grades already, that's really in your favour.

The person you need to speak to as a lady called Sheralyn Thorne. You can call her on 01509 227 644 for a quick response or e-mail her at [email protected]
    Get in touch with her - she'll be more than happy to help.

Vicky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loughborough University)
    Hi OMF

I replied to the visitor message you left - but not sure if you'll get to see it.
    In a nutshell - it makes no difference to us if you're coming from a foundation course.

The person you need to speak to as a lady called Sheralyn Thorne. You can call her on 01509 227 644 for a quick response or e-mail her at wsadmiss[email protected]

Vicky
    Hi there, i was just wondering if you didnt get the a levels but get the foundation, could you still apply for the communication etc course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loughborough University)
    Hi OMF

The person you need to speak to as a lady called Sheralyn Thorne. You can call her on 01509 227 644 for a quick response or e-mail her at [email protected]

Vicky
    Thanks for the reply, I'll get in touch with Sheralyn Thorne.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dk.carlos)
    Hi there, i was just wondering if you didnt get the a levels but get the foundation, could you still apply for the communication etc course
    Hi dk.carlos

Honestly I don't know. I know our foundation courses are for people that didn't quite get the grades or have done the wrong a-levels. As for a foundation from other places, I'd have to ask our admissions team.
    I'll get back to you after the weekend on that.

Vicky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMF)
    Thanks for the reply, I'll get in touch with Sheralyn Thorne.
    :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.