Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pulling in night clubs; has it had its day? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Seems to be online everything now. All dating apps, insta and other electronic *******s. I can remember back in the day when UK Garage was in vogue people would dress up to go to clubs and the music would be soulful, danceable and sensual. From the nineties through to the early 00s it was part of the routine, people were open to meeting others (aided by a certain white pill) rather than what you currently see which is closed circles, phones in the air, endless alcohol in basically what is a hot sweaty room. In fact that is assuming the club even stays standing, given the rate many of them are closing down at.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    People still do it. I know swipe culture is a big thing in the dating world but many people meet in real life first through friends of friends or participating in their hobbies.

Haha NO, you can definitely still pull in a nightclub- there is no doubt about that...

People do still pull in clubs, I'm 20 and there seems to be a split in people my age-half of the people I know love going to clubs to pull and using online dating apps such as Tinder while the other half of us just don't understand why you'd bother, why not just wait until a relationship happens in real life rather than drunkenly throwing yourself at someone you don't know?

ReputationRep:
    I only ever went to clubs to carry on boozing till silly o'clock, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I have absolutely no chance on Tinder. I have to use real life or it's over for me. It works of course... Though I look like Rocky Dennis.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.