Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it hard to keep a guy interested in you? Watch

Currently talking to a guy that I really like. He likes me too.. But the one thing that holds me back is whether I'll be able to keep him happy/interested in me? Is it really that hard to keep a guy interested in you? How can you keep a guy interested in you? I feel like society makes it out as if girls have to do so much more than a guy, society has high expectations of girls and I feel like I may not be able to meet these expectations.. Why do I think like this? Whenever I discuss these things with friends they never seem to think this way so why do I worry about these things.... How can I overcome this? Advice will be much appreciated.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    if he makes an effort to talk to you,make you laugh and impress you

it means he is thinking about you 24/7.

ReputationRep:
    If you need to "keep a guy interested" I'd suggest that's a good sign the two of you wouldn't be compatible for a long term relationship in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the need for this is overstated. If someone finds you attractive and likeable you don't need to go to effort beyond being a fun considerate partner. It's complementary if a gf occasionally makes special effort with appearance for you but I find it strange when women obsessively worry about make up and clothes.

ReputationRep:
    If someone cares about you, they will stay interested as long as you appreciate them by being kind to them and refrain from being cruel to them. For example, I've been in a relationship with the same guy for the past 3 years, and I am dull as soup. I'm autistic, so will happily while away hours talking about one thing that interests me (i.e: cats), and somehow he doesn't get bored of me. I don't wear much makeup, I'm not sporty, and I have a small number of close friends, and am not fond of going out, but that doesn't matter to him because I never shout at him or call him names and am quick to praise him and tell him how great I think he is. To give him credit, he doesn't shout at me or call me names either and seems to be under the highly biased impression that I'm an awesome person. So really, if the person genuinely likes you, is a decent person, and you are a decent person towards them, then there's no reason why your relationship can't go on indefinitely.

ReputationRep:
    It's not just the female gender that has pressure on them to uphold their side of the relationship. Certainly both genders have this pressure; however, it manifests itself in different ways. This can make it seem not as obvious because (obviously) you don't experience what it is like to be the other gender much of the time. Just know that, like you, he feels the same way about you. Also, you'll never get to truly know how wonderful your relationship might be if you never take that first step in sparking it. As for why your friends seem perfect in this regard... I feel that there is a lot of pressure from society into hiding your personal problems from others. Like what I said earlier, sometimes it's not obvious to see that others also feel what you feel. Cheers.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.