Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel a bit stupid, spent 8 grand on a motobike Watch

Its a really nice motobike tho, an hayerbusa. I spent another 900 on insurance. Haven't ridden it much yet but do you think this is value for money? I tend to follow my heart first then my brain kicks in (it should kick for Italy). This is my first proper road motorcyle, others have been adventure styled type.

I recently got a new job and wanted to celebrate by getting something nice. I will also be using this bike to ride to and from work. I dont have a car license because I don't think driving a car is for me.

Also what license is needed for trikes and quad bikes? I assumed that if it has handlebars = biker license, if it has a steering wheel = car license, within reason. Obviously couldnt replace a steering wheel with handlebars to bypass licensing issues, but you get what I mean. Apparently you need a car license for a trike or quad but I have heard different answers.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    Its a really nice motobike tho, an hayerbusa. I spent another 900 on insurance. Haven't ridden it much yet but do you think this is value for money? I tend to follow my heart first then my brain kicks in (it should kick for Italy). This is my first proper road motorcyle, others have been adventure styled type.

I recently got a new job and wanted to celebrate by getting something nice. I will also be using this bike to ride to and from work. I dont have a car license because I don't think driving a car is for me.

Also what license is needed for trikes and quad bikes? I assumed that if it has handlebars = biker license, if it has a steering wheel = car license, within reason. Obviously couldnt replace a steering wheel with handlebars to bypass licensing issues, but you get what I mean. Apparently you need a car license for a trike or quad but I have heard different answers.
    I mean, if you can afford it and get enjoyment from it I don't think it's that bad. Especially because you can use it to commute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)

I think for quads and trikes you only need the bike licence and the same is true for 3 weelers like this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.