Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I needed to write here as a vent and also to get advice.

I'm 2 - 3 months into my PGCE and everything was going great. There is a lot of work but I was on top of it. I could handle it.

Monday and today, I was scheduled to attend extracurricular experience at a nursery. However, my observational assessment is on Wednesday, which means I haven't had much time to teach the children and then I have to jump into an hour long lesson and I have very little time to prepare. Alongside this, I had a particularly bad experience on my first day and this gave me anxiety about going in the second day. I have also been ill for four weeks, which has been stressing me out.

All of this led up to me having a panic attack whilst I was on the way to the bus stop. It wasn't great to be honest, so I had to go home. I feel so bad that I missed the extracurricular day and I'm really worried that I might get kicked off the course for this (I let my uni leader and the nursery know).

To be honest I just feel awful and I was wondering what you guys think about it and what you think I should do?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Don't worry about it give it your all and you should be fine.

as long as you show at least a degree of competence in teaching in line with expectations I doubt they'll be bothered.

(they've probably seen much much worse remember that)

Anyway try not to worry too much, breathing in and out before and trying to distract yourself will help immeasurably (at least it does for me) it might help to just forget that the assessor is there entirely.

I doubt you'll get kicked off for missing one day.

Good luck!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    :heart:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo0099)
    Hey, Don't worry about it give it your all and you should be fine.

as long as you show at least a degree of competence in teaching in line with expectations I doubt they'll be bothered.

(they've probably seen much much worse remember that)

Anyway try not to worry too much, breathing in and out before and trying to distract yourself will help immeasurably (at least it does for me) it might help to just forget that the assessor is there entirely.

I doubt you'll get kicked off for missing one day.

Good luck!
    Hi I saw your reply the other day and I just wanted to say thank you. I was feeling really anxious that day and your words helped me feel calmer.

Just to give you an update, the observation went really well! Obviously there was some improvements to be made but that's to be expected. The assessor said it went very well and that it was adventurous.

Thank you again for replying so kindly! <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkellyLeigh)
    Hi I saw your reply the other day and I just wanted to say thank you. I was feeling really anxious that day and your words helped me feel calmer.

Just to give you an update, the observation went really well! Obviously there was some improvements to be made but that's to be expected. The assessor said it went very well and that it was adventurous.

Thank you again for replying so kindly! <3
    No problem, I've had anxiety attacks before so i know how it feels.
    good to hear it went well!

ReputationRep:
    No one will remember it. Even Everyone moves on, including you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.