Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I plan to study journalism at masters level. I have gotten offers from Sheffield, Cardiff, Leeds and Newcastle all for the courses of International Journalism. I am really confused but leaning towards Leeds and Newcastle, more towards Newcastle since it's giving me a scholarship. I really want to work for the, 'theguardian'. Any input is greatly appreciated!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shubhang)
    I plan to study journalism at masters level. I have gotten offers from Sheffield, Cardiff, Leeds and Newcastle all for the courses of International Journalism. I am really confused but leaning towards Leeds and Newcastle, more towards Newcastle since it's giving me a scholarship. I really want to work for the, 'theguardian'. Any input is greatly appreciated!
    Have a look at where grads end up, links with industry and work and research opportunities. Also bear in mind that if you're a non-EU international student then you will struggle far more to get a job no matter where you study. The scholarship is an important consideration too. Also compare courses very carefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Have a look at where grads end up, links with industry and work and research opportunities. Also bear in mind that if you're a non-EU international student then you will struggle far more to get a job no matter where you study. The scholarship is an important consideration too. Also compare courses very carefully.
    Thanks alleycat393, I was also wondering how about the prestige factor?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alleycat393, I was also wondering how about the prestige factor?
    There is no prestige factor per se. Employers are concerned with what you studied your grades and work experience.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    There is no prestige factor per se. Employers are concerned with what you studied your grades and work experience.
    Thanks Alleycat!

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff has a strong journalism school.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.