Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am attending a post-application visit at Newcastle University for mechanical engineering. For this visit, I am unsure of how formally I should dress?
    Is jeans and a smart top enough or should I wear my sixth form suit?

Just be normal? Its only a post application visit?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lychee627)
      Just be normal? Its only a post application visit?
      Yeah, that's all it is. They haven't specified on the email what to wear
      So something comfortable should do?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by amystks)
      The rule for all interviews is to wear what you would expect to wear if the interview is successful, as long as it is clean, wholesome, inoffensive. Students are not noted for looking smart in their day to day attire, so you should just wear what is comfortable for you - no need for a suit or even smart casual clothes.

This isn't even an interview, but you should treat it as one.

(Original post by amystks)
        Yeah, that's all it is. They haven't specified on the email what to wear
        Just go smart casual

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.