Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chances for Bristol , Southampton , Edinburgh , UCL , and Leeds ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am new to this site and I do not know how normal is to ask about chances (I come from college confidential where it is pretty usual) , I know that nobody can tell me my exact chances , but I am looking only for oppinions from those who may know people who got into these universities and who may know their achievements .
    So , I am from Romania and I plan to apply for Geophysics Msci at Bristol , UCL , Southampton , Edinburgh , and Leeds .
    I took the toefl and got a 111/120 .
    I also took the SAT's for USA (don't know if they are important for Uk but I had to put them on UCAS) , and got perfect score on both physics and math 2 (the harder one) and on the SAT 1 I got 1450/1600 (top 4% in world) where I also got perfect score on the math section .
    Regarding my academics , I have participated at more STEM olympiads (biology,physics,math) but I got the best results at the geography olympiad where I got to the nationals every year since high school started (I am now in 12th grade) and this year I got the second place .In the 10th and 11th grade I qualified for the eliminatory stage for the international geography olympiad and always got up to the last stage . I am also part of an elite team of geographers in my city and in a excellence math team . I have mentioned all of these things (beside the USA exams ) in my personal statement , and I would like to know if this is enough to get a place in these universities .

Oh , and for my bacalaureate exams (the national exams in my country) I expect to get at least 9.5/10 in math and physics (equivalent to A* in A levels), and at romanian God knows because I hate it (that's why I want to get into USA or UK)

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is an inappropriate question for this site .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.