Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to do my EPQ on the underrepresentation of women in economics but I don’t know how to refine the question further and make it more specific
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Khant1345)
    I wanted to do my EPQ on the underrepresentation of women in economics but I don’t know how to refine the question further and make it more specific
    Have you done any research?

It makes sense to do some to find out whats there and what the issues are. Research helps you generate ideas.

You dont have a question yet, just a rough area.
    As you are doing your research , then make rough notes of areas and issues. After you have read several articles, then start to ask questions and you should get a plan.

From there you can start to look for an angle and area where you wish to focus so you cover the areas that interest you.

What is your angle going to be?

There arent enough women economists and why?
    Women economists have a unique contribution?
    The system is rigged against them? Education, legal and society?
    Women are actively discouraged in education and the workplace?
    Women arent genetically suited?

I dont know, but it takes playing around with and research. Dont expect it to suddenly come to you if you know very little. Have an open mind and as you learn more then your idea can develop.

Thats the way I would approach it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Have you done any research?

It makes sense to do some to find out whats there and what the issues are. Research helps you generate ideas.

You dont have a question yet, just a rough area.
    As you are doing your research , then make rough notes of areas and issues. After you have read several articles, then start to ask questions and you should get a plan.

From there you can start to look for an angle and area where you wish to focus so you cover the areas that interest you.

What is your angle going to be?

There arent enough women economists and why?
    Women economists have a unique contribution?
    The system is rigged against them? Education, legal and society?
    Women are actively discouraged in education and the workplace?
    Women arent genetically suited?

I dont know, but it takes playing around with and research. Dont expect it to suddenly come to you if you know very little. Have an open mind and as you learn more then your idea can develop.

Thats the way I would approach it.
    THANK YOU! I needed that, I don’t know why I try to research and get side tracked all the time so I don’t know what I was expecting from insufficient amount of work but again thank you xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.