Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I will never have kids due to disgraceful genetics... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I know a lot of people are selfish and don't give a **** about the life of their offspring so just reproduce even when they have hereditary life-ruining illnesses, but I for one won't be party to it.

My genes are shite and therefore I won't have children. Also I like short girls usually so if it was a boy he'd be a major dwarf on top of everything else (except he wouldn't because I'd ensure he received HGH therapy which any parent of dwarven children should do).

Who else is never having kids?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockyDennis)
    I know a lot of people are selfish and don't give a **** about the life of their offspring so just reproduce even when they have hereditary life-ruining illnesses, but I for one won't be party to it.

My genes are shite and therefore I won't have children. Also I like short girls usually so if it was a boy he'd be a major dwarf on top of everything else (except he wouldn't because I'd ensure he received HGH therapy which any parent of dwarven children should do).

Who else is never having kids?
    It's good to embrace it. There are many dogs, among other animals, that need a home. If you want to be a father deep in your heart, there's always an animal that needs a home.

As a borderline dwarf female (4'10") I can verify that unappealing looks & short is probably the worst combination. It doesn't make you less of an individual, but it does mean you might not be allowed a mate. Game of life. Some people are unlucky and aren't given a chance and have to live with what they've got.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What specific genes are you insecure about? How tall are you for starters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E_M_M_I_E)
    It's good to embrace it. There are many dogs, among other animals, that need a home. If you want to be a father deep in your heart, there's always an animal that needs a home.

As a borderline dwarf female (4'10" I can verify that unappealing looks & short is probably the worst combination. It doesn't make you less of an individual, but it does mean you might not be allowed a mate. Game of life. Some people are unlucky and aren't given a chance and have to live with what they've got.
    "Not being allowed a mate" is an unacceptable life circumstance. Human are literally programmed to (truly) want nothing else. Anyone relegated out of that game is forced into a lifelong tortured existence, and it won't get better for them no matter how much they lie to themselves that life is great. Nobody who would be placed into that situation should even exist to begin with... Yet parents who know they're going to have deformed kids with crippling medical conditions are so sick in the head they do it anyway.

It is hard to avoid that desire to reproduce, seeing as it's literally the only thing we live for. But the consequences of reproducing when you have poor genetics are dire.

Having a dog is a great idea. I want a Beagle... Oh and btw I don't think short is too bad now since you can just load the kid up on HGH until they're tall. Lol @ parents who wouldn't give a male child HGH before their growth plates are fused, dooming them to have to live a crippling existence as a short man, all because of ******** feel-good make-believe nonsense like pretending only what's inside counts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockyDennis)
    "Not being allowed a mate" is an unacceptable life circumstance. Human are literally programmed to (truly) want nothing else. Anyone relegated out of that game is forced into a lifelong tortured existence, and it won't get better for them no matter how much they lie to themselves that life is great. Nobody who would be placed into that situation should even exist to begin with... Yet parents who know they're going to have deformed kids with crippling medical conditions are so sick in the head they do it anyway.

It is hard to avoid that desire to reproduce, seeing as it's literally the only thing we live for. But the consequences of reproducing when you have poor genetics are dire.
    Then don't reproduce.

If you're mad at your father for putting you into the world, giving you such bad genetics, then don't reproduce.

Like I said, find other solutions, as if you were barren. Adopt if you must. Get a vasectomy or something so you can have sex without having a baby.

ReputationRep:
    Keep it in your pants and dont complain then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.