Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

So I am applying to queens Belfast to study Mathematics.

I am curious as to what the night life is like? Is it fairly poor when you compare it places like Glasgow or Liverpool?

Also, is it dead on the weekend? I heard a lot about how the student life in belfast goes quiet on the weekend as everyone goes home?

Could a current student please answer this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshElyot)
    Hello,

I am curious as to what the night life is like? Is it fairly poor when you compare it places like Glasgow or Liverpool?

Also, is it dead on the weekend? I heard a lot about how the student life in belfast goes quiet on the weekend as everyone goes home?

I've never been to either Liverpool or Glasgow, but what I can tell you is that generally speaking, nightlife is quite good in Belfast. Coming from Canada, I didn't have as much access to pubs, clubs, or any sort of thing like that, however, in Belfast, odds are you've got 6 major pubs and clubs a short distance from you.

On weekends, many locals do go home, so it is a lot quieter in the accommodation, however, if you've got friends that don't go home on the weekends (which there are still a lot of people that don't) then you should have no problem with weekend nightlife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshElyot)
    Hello,

Nightlife in Belfast is great! I’m a student and my favourite place to go is Limelight! It’s really accessible, has 3 rooms and plays the best music! Really reccomend. Other good places are Queens Students Union, Lux and Kremlin. There’s tons of student nights on during the week and the weekends are quite busy too so don’t worry!

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.