The Student Room Group

Student finance for physiotherapy 2017/2018

Hi,

I am currently in the process of applying for physiotherapy to commence in 2017/2018.

I already hold a degree having graduated in 2016. What is the situation for funding for somebody in my situation am i eligible for tuition and maintenance loans in the same way as my first degree as it's an allied healthcare profession course?

Regards,

Gav
Original post by gavin867
Hi,

I am currently in the process of applying for physiotherapy to commence in 2017/2018.

I already hold a degree having graduated in 2016. What is the situation for funding for somebody in my situation am i eligible for tuition and maintenance loans in the same way as my first degree as it's an allied healthcare profession course?

Regards,

Gav

Hi

Allied Health Professional Courses are exempt from previous study and ELQ rules. Therefore, if you already hold a degree or have previous study you will still be eligible to access the full package of funding.

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 2
Hi, I just have a few questions. If I was to apply to a 2 year- msc physiotherapy pre-registration course is the maximum amount of post-graduate funding still £10,280? I've seen a few pre-registration courses that ask for around £13,000 per year of tuition so I was wondering whether the funding would be different as the current post-graduate funding would not cover these courses. If this is the case, would applying to a 3 year undergraduate course (as a second degree) be a better option as I would be able to get the same tuition and maintenance loan as a first undergraduate degree?
Original post by tisharne
Hi, I just have a few questions. If I was to apply to a 2 year- msc physiotherapy pre-registration course is the maximum amount of post-graduate funding still £10,280? I've seen a few pre-registration courses that ask for around £13,000 per year of tuition so I was wondering whether the funding would be different as the current post-graduate funding would not cover these courses. If this is the case, would applying to a 3 year undergraduate course (as a second degree) be a better option as I would be able to get the same tuition and maintenance loan as a first undergraduate degree?

Hi tisharne,

The Postgraduate Loan (PGL) is a contribution towards your total costs. There are other funding sources available and the gov.uk website has a Postgraduate Funding section which is a useful starting point.

I would also advise having a chat with prospective universities about bursaries & scholarships they may provide.

There may be more to consider than just the funding when it comes to the actual course. So I think you'd need to discuss best options with prospective universities.

Regards,

Stuart

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending