Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am currently in the process of applying for physiotherapy to commence in 2017/2018.

I already hold a degree having graduated in 2016. What is the situation for funding for somebody in my situation am i eligible for tuition and maintenance loans in the same way as my first degree as it's an allied healthcare profession course?

Regards,

Gav
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by gavin867)
    Hi,

I am currently in the process of applying for physiotherapy to commence in 2017/2018.

I already hold a degree having graduated in 2016. What is the situation for funding for somebody in my situation am i eligible for tuition and maintenance loans in the same way as my first degree as it's an allied healthcare profession course?

Regards,

Gav
    Hi

Allied Health Professional Courses are exempt from previous study and ELQ rules. Therefore, if you already hold a degree or have previous study you will still be eligible to access the full package of funding.

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just have a few questions. If I was to apply to a 2 year- msc physiotherapy pre-registration course is the maximum amount of post-graduate funding still £10,280? I've seen a few pre-registration courses that ask for around £13,000 per year of tuition so I was wondering whether the funding would be different as the current post-graduate funding would not cover these courses. If this is the case, would applying to a 3 year undergraduate course (as a second degree) be a better option as I would be able to get the same tuition and maintenance loan as a first undergraduate degree?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by tisharne)
    Hi, I just have a few questions. If I was to apply to a 2 year- msc physiotherapy pre-registration course is the maximum amount of post-graduate funding still £10,280? I've seen a few pre-registration courses that ask for around £13,000 per year of tuition so I was wondering whether the funding would be different as the current post-graduate funding would not cover these courses. If this is the case, would applying to a 3 year undergraduate course (as a second degree) be a better option as I would be able to get the same tuition and maintenance loan as a first undergraduate degree?
    Hi tisharne,

The Postgraduate Loan (PGL) is a contribution towards your total costs. There are other funding sources available and the gov.uk website has a Postgraduate Funding section which is a useful starting point.

I would also advise having a chat with prospective universities about bursaries & scholarships they may provide.

There may be more to consider than just the funding when it comes to the actual course. So I think you'd need to discuss best options with prospective universities.

Regards,

Stuart

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.