Turn on thread page Beta

Not so fun revision... watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting this blog now, I'm in year 13 and I'm studying for 4 A-levels. I do biology, History, English and Psychology and I would love to be a psychologist.
    I'm already getting offers I've received 2 so far, one of from University of Birmingham where I want to go because it's psychology department is literally best!
    Sadly I'm off ill today, and I spent the whole of yesterday doing work because I left it until the last minute! I've done anothing essay resubmission for Tudors, an essay on Nazi religion and I added to my history coursework on Wales in the 1200s. Still have to do an English essay on Handmaid's Tale, complete a few examples questions for Biology and somehow fit revision and downtime in between! Oh, well, the joy of four A-levels (!)
    It's not difficult just tedious and time consuming. Especially when ill!
    Looking forward to going in tomorrow though, I have double psychology!
    Went to a Criminal Conference last Tuesday, heard the stories of 5 criminals, two of which were murderers, asked questions to two. Helped a little with psychology, at least!
    (Wow, I really do use too many exclamation marks!)

ReputationRep:
    Still working hard, learning about photosynthesis in biology. Getting used to non-cyclic photophosphorylation now I've done a few exam questions! One of my textbooks for Tudors has arrived so I can start looking for extra information to add to my notes.
    Name:  20171123_182835.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  543.9 KB
    Have one more to arrive and a biology textbook. Organised my psychology folder and I feel somewhat productive. Recieved an A in my first mock section A (mental health) in psychology.
    Accidentally missed my clarinet lesson, though. I did, however, add to my history coursework. I decided to do it on Wales, 13th century. To what extent did the English Monarchy undermine Welsh society in 1200 and 1300? There are a lot of very similar names so it's very easy to get them confused, especially when a source doesn't use the surname and forename as some surnames are also first names.

ReputationRep:
    Time for revision as it's the weekend, going to do a few exam questions for psychology to begin with.
    Name:  1511616447394-501801427.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  495.0 KB
    Just the first section though because we haven't done the rest yet.
    Then I don't want to do anymore exam questions so I'll most likely revise for English because I'll be doing an exam questions soon in lesson. I also have a history exam questions to do as homework for Tuesday which I might start today and finish tomorrow so I can put more time into it. I find that by perfecting my answers, I do better under timed conditions because I have practiced more information. Then I'll have to do resubmissions of essays too in order to give myself some model answers.
    It helps to do random IQ tests. It puts me in a more logical and analytical mood so when I get biology or psychology questions on data analysis, I've found that I'm better at picking out the patterns in the data.

ReputationRep:
    Ended up not doing any work. My brain decided that now would be a good time to have a meltdown over death. I think it's most people's worst fear. Anyway, I decided to do my own stuff instead of revision, writing my own things.
    Will have to do work soon, though. Can't really afford time off revision. I'll most likely start with history because my second book came.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I did biology OCR and Psychology OCR, in fact I remember practising with that paper you posted a picture of! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I did biology OCR and Psychology OCR, in fact I remember practising with that paper you posted a picture of! Good luck
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Did bad on a mini test for hormonal communications got a C for the first time. But got an A in a biodiversity test. I've recieved 4 offers so far just waiting on the most competitive one hoping I get in.
    I'm going to read over my biology notes and the textbook at the weekend but I also have to update my psychology notes for homework!

ReputationRep:
    Well, revision went out of the window fast! Maybe I just need the day off. But I definitely need to work hard on the weekend whilst I have the chance. Hopefully I will be able to focus.
    I'm going to use the Christmas holidays to catch up on revision but I'll still take a few days off.
    Not too long until the holidays but it's not really a break so... oh well at least when the 6 weeks holidays come I'm unlikely to have any work to do!!!

ReputationRep:
    Realised I actually have about three pieces of homework to do and they're all really long pieces😵
    Oh well it's my own fault for not doing them earlier in the week. I'll learn my lesson one day, I suppose!!
    I have two history pieces and one psychology piece to do.

ReputationRep:
    I basically ended up leaving everything to the last minute so now I have very little time to do my work. Not a good study habit!!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I love the University of Birmingham! Good luck getting your grades - maybe you could try switching up your revision technique a bit to make it more fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amefish)
    I love the University of Birmingham! Good luck getting your grades - maybe you could try switching up your revision technique a bit to make it more fun
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing my work, got a fair bit done so time for a break whilst I have the chance, I haven't stopped in about four and a half hours.
    Oh well at least I'm trying!😊

ReputationRep:
    Did absolutely no work at home yesterday it was good to have a break but I should get back into the habit of doing work even when I don't feel like it

ReputationRep:
    After all this time I only just discovered quizlet only because we had to make a PowerPoint or flashcards if 50 questions answered my friend found the exact same questions on the website.
    I can be lazy sometimes but the best thing is to keep on top of work and revision or you fall behind.

ReputationRep:
    Glad that a biology practical on photosynthetic pigments went well especially as chromatography requires such precision. It was sort of fun.
    Still have a lot of revision work to do but I made a good set of flashcards for myself on memon and higham study for criminal psychology.

ReputationRep:
    Snow day today so I have a good few hours extra of revision so I can catch up on notes that I'm behind on. I don't exactly feel like revising but I should force myself to do so nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    I put off my revision for a long time and now I'm behind on my notes too. I've barely been online or anything because I've been spending so much time stressing. Anyway, I'm getting there, my Tudors notes are up to date, my Germany notes hopefully will only be a few days, but biology and psychology notes are taking a long time. Doing history is like doing two subjects, three if you count coursework. And I'm delaying my English notes as I want to get the more content heavy subjects out the way, English is subjective so revision isn't as intense for it.

ReputationRep:
    It's mock week but I had to take today off. I'll have to rearrange and do them another time. I'm still worried overall though because my a levels are getting closer and I am behind. I've looked for online notes, but the ones that are free aren't for my exams or aren't in the format is like, sadly.

ReputationRep:
    My revision is taking longer than expected and I'm very worried my notes won't be finished in time to revise. I just have to do my best to catch up to where I am now and then I should be okay.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.