Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So before going to uni I initiallly wnated to so an apprenriceahip but nothing that was available really interested me. The fact of the matter is that I just started university and was really excited about moving out, going to uni and getting a degree in the subject I chose (software engineering having done 2 I.T A-Levels) however, having been in uni for the past 2 months, I havent been enjoying it at all due to teaching styles/methods and the course subjects causing me to lose all motivation. It has gotten to the point where I just want to leave university all together however am unsure what I will do once I leave (I have applied to a few apprenticeshios but not heard anything back from them so far)

ReputationRep:
    What apprenticeships have you been applying for? They can be quite competitive, so don't expect a quick reply.

Are you 100% university is not for you? Perhaps it is the course/teaching style of that particular university - could you benefit from studying elsewhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    What apprenticeships have you been applying for? They can be quite competitive, so don't expect a quick reply.

Are you 100% university is not for you? Perhaps it is the course/teaching style of that particular university - could you benefit from studying elsewhere?
    I've applied for a few software development and digital media ones however many of them haven't replied and many others I have applied to also havent really been what they were advertising.
    To be competely honest, I think that it may just be the university as I'd like to complete university with a degree however many other courses I've looked at from different universities dont interest me as this one did initially. Also although I did things like I.T and software I'm also interested in business and property aspects and am unsure if this is the route to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarioD)
    I've applied for a few software development and digital media ones however many of them haven't replied and many others I have applied to also havent really been what they were advertising.
    To be competely honest, I think that it may just be the university as I'd like to complete university with a degree however many other courses I've looked at from different universities dont interest me as this one did initially. Also although I did things like I.T and software I'm also interested in business and property aspects and am unsure if this is the route to go
    Is it worth withdrawing from university so you can take the time out to figure out what you want to do? In this time, you could apply for work experience to test out which careers interest you best as it seems you have a lot of different areas that you want to go into. Once you have identified this, you can think about whether apprenticeship, university or going straight into employment is the best thing for you. I think once you are more confident in what you want to do, it will motivate you more too.

ReputationRep:
    stick with degree whats that quote something like u don't appreciate it until it's gone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.