Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Extremely anxious to have a phone call with potential boyfriend Watch

Announcements

TLDR; **** scared to have a phone call with a guy i like. tried for 4 hrs on saturday but was reduced to tears twice. lol. i did it eventually but only spoke for 30 seconds, he was understanding but i feel like ****

He dm’d me about a month ago now on twitter, since then we just snapchat each other daily (faces so i know he’s not a catfish) and whatsapp. He really likes me and is so patient with me, he wants to have a phone call with me but i’m too afraid.

I tried the other day but spent literally 4 hours psyching myself up and calling my friends and sister to console me i ended up bursting into tears twice bc i hated how afraid i was. In the end, i called him but only spoke for like 30seconds. I was proud of myself and he sent me the cutest most reassuring message afterwards- he’s so understanding....
    He’s heard my voice before though- when i’m drunk i don’t mean to but i send him voice notes on whatsapp 🤭🤦🏽*♀️🤦🏽*♀ ¸ one of them was 20minutes long 😂😂in total all the voice notes would add up to like 50 ish minutes soo it helps that he’s at least heard my voice.

It’s just so overwhelmingly hard, i’ve gotten over sooooo much of my SA this year, coming to uni and all that but this is strange. I don’t struggle with phone conversations at all- but i’m terrified to talk to him. We plan on meeting for the first time in 2 weeks so maybe it’s bc we haven’t met 🤷🏽*♀️🤷🏽*♀️

Any thoughts or opinions on what i should do ? Anyone experienced similar ?
    Thank you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Phone calls terrify me, I hate talking to a person on the phone because I can't actually see and interact with them. Why don't you arrange to meet in person? Does he know how you feel about phone calls?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.