Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I need a few opinions regarding an interview I recently had.

Last Tuesday I had a very positive interview via phone for a Job abroad in Spain; I think it went well and was a pleasant conversation, the guy liked me and asked a lot of informal questions also regarding my hobby which is somewhat related to the Job and was impressed by my life story etc; it was a very honest and genuine call and I think we understood each other; skill wise I match the job and its requirements. It is a small company and I had this call more than a month after applying; I have been in touch with them since August but they we re not looking for anybody; then they posted an advert at beginning on Oct and I got my call one month after; he is the CEO. We also talked about salary and possible contracts. Call lasted 45 minutes. He told me he will let me know in a month; role is for January start.

What Shall I do? Wait patiently one month?

Would it be silly to ask whether he would be interested in a face to face meeting (by me going over there a day or so)?

Would it be pushy to send him an email with some information I forgot to mention in the interview?

I think in the past I screwed an opportunity by being too pushy but at the same time 1 month is a long time,this is the best opportunity I could get, this is THE OPPORTUNITY.

What would you do?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If you think that the interview went well, I would leave it a month and wait until they get back to you. Trying to arrange extra meetings or emailing them more information might give them the wrong impression, and isn't really fair on the other candidates who are judged by their interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    If you think that the interview went well, I would leave it a month and wait until they get back to you. Trying to arrange extra meetings or emailing them more information might give them the wrong impression, and isn't really fair on the other candidates who are judged by their interview.
    Thanks yes it makes sense. I was also leaning towards "wait patient" due to my past experience but I just need to hear some opinions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.