Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible tog get into Graduate Entry Medicine with a degree in Psychology? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get the A Level grades to meet my offer for medicine so now I am a first year biomed student and I'm hoping to get into graduate medicine. However, I've realised that I'm not really enjoying biomed that much because it's medicine that I really want to be doing because biomed is more training people to be lab-based scientists which isn't what I want to do, so I've been thinking that I would prefer to spend 3 years studying psychology rather than biomed. So what I really want to know is what are the chances of getting into GEM with a BSc in psych? Or should I just stick it out with biomed for 3 years?
    Thanks!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwenog_quidditch)
    I didn't get the A Level grades to meet my offer for medicine so now I am a first year biomed student and I'm hoping to get into graduate medicine. However, I've realised that I'm not really enjoying biomed that much because it's medicine that I really want to be doing because biomed is more training people to be lab-based scientists which isn't what I want to do, so I've been thinking that I would prefer to spend 3 years studying psychology rather than biomed. So what I really want to know is what are the chances of getting into GEM with a BSc in psych? Or should I just stick it out with biomed for 3 years?
    Thanks!!
    It's great that you have an end goal i.e medicine but in the mean time you do have to work out what interests you most to get a degree in. Psychology will also be about training people to be psychologists and will involve some lab work so make sure you know what you're getting yourself into before jumping around. You will probably also have to start again which will add another year to your wait to do medicine. I believe GEM can be applied for after any degree really as you will still be doing undergrad medicine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.