Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Man born white says he is transracial and feels Filipino Watch

ReputationRep:
    Who cares they’re not hurting people
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I mean where do we draw the line? When do we ask "is this mental illness"?

The way things are going now, i could freely identify as a biogender, (lesbian on the weekend) dragonfly and people would HAVE to accept it and address me as such. We're literally forced to accept "trans" anything, they're shoving it down our throats. These days it seems like anyone who shuns trans anything should be fed to the lions. Freedom of speech is about to go out the window anytime now.

What actually is next? Transbiscuit? TransTFLBus? When can we start calling it ridiculous?

ReputationRep:
    Had a lecture on (trans)gender today actually.
    A child aged 6 is trans. Biologically a boy but is transgender because s(he) said s(he) feels like a girl simply because s(he) enjoys wearing girls clothes, playing with girls toys, having girl friends etc.

Is it really that different from someone saying they're transracial? I don't really understand it but it does kinda seem silly saying you are something simply because you enjoy doing certain things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    In as much as there's no such thing as a male or female brain, all brains are mosaics of structures, some more typical in males, some more typical in females. But, that's obviously not what you were intending to say, so I suppose instead the response is to point out that there's reason to suspect trans people have brains that function more in the manner of their experienced gender than their natal sex: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4037295/
    It is true brains are not 100% male or female. However, there is a distinct difference in the balance of chemicals that make up both the male and female brain. Hormone level is a well known example, one of thousands of differences. Those genuinely transgender have a strong imbalance in relation to their given sex organs.

ReputationRep:
    They need to get this plonker on with Piers Morgan.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao what’s next. Man feels like a carrot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Hahahaha, it's beginning! I (and I'm sure many others, lol) predicted this years ago. Next up is trans-species.
    I've started identifying as a kangaroo and am moving into a safari park next week.

ReputationRep:
    It is only a matter of time until someone says that they are transcendental and were born into the wrong plane of existence and that we must suffix any reference to them with 'praise be upon him/her' or else eternal damnation will await us.

ReputationRep:
    Ngl, I’m feeling kinda African rn.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    People are getting more and more insane...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elise213)

The way things are going now, i could freely identify as a biogender, (lesbian on the weekend) dragonfly and people would HAVE to accept it and address me as such. We're literally forced to accept "trans" anything, they're shoving it down our throats. These days it seems like anyone who shuns trans anything should be fed to the lions. Freedom of speech is about to go out the window anytime now.

What actually is next? Transbiscuit? TransTFLBus? When can we start calling it ridiculous?
    No we don’t have to accept it, only a small minority of people accept it, more put up with it and lots of other simply laugh at it or feel despair at how stupid the western world is becoming.

You are free to disagree with your peers!

ReputationRep:
    Haha this guys really taking the mick. I somewhat understand where transgender people come from and empathise with them. This bloke however is trying to take advantage of the whole "being more open to different types of people" movement and lmao someone needs to stop him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Him and Rachel Dolezal are made for each other :moon:
    Imagine what their children would look like :daydreaming: so exotic doncha think? Blacka-whitea-nese. 💖

Oh wait no...they'll just be white like their parents 😑 lol
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GovernmentEarner)
    It is true brains are not 100% male or female. However, there is a distinct difference in the balance of chemicals that make up both the male and female brain. Hormone level is a well known example, one of thousands of differences. Those genuinely transgender have a strong imbalance in relation to their given sex organs.
    Well, yes - hence the second half of my post suggesting functioning more typical of their experienced gender, but the male/female brain argument is oversimplistic.

(Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
      http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8053731.html

Transracial? So now we're identifying as different races now as well?
      I think people are just broken. Yes you can identify with a race, but that's easy to deal with - just ****ing emigrate.

We're on the downhill, folks, we're on the slippery slope. Transsexuality, transraciality, inevitably there will be transspeciality, transtemporality, whatever else you can come up with. And society has to accept it, because... *gasp* people might be offended.

ReputationRep:
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHA why do I have to bring up my future kids in this world HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Elise213)

Well I think that gender dysphoria is actually classified as a mental illness and many trans people on social media acknowledge this.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by loveleest)
      OMG it is NOT the same thing. Honestly wish people would stop saying this nonsense. Transgenders have gender dysphoria. You cannot "act" or "feel" like a race! WTF so you ate chicken chow mein so all off a sudden you are chinese now? Do you understand how stupid that sounds...
      Telling other people how they feel, very draconian and bigoted of you

(Original post by Good bloke)
      It isn't. They are equally ridiculous. This chap really just likes the culture and ambience of where he is and conflates it with feeling he is of a different race. Either that or he is taking the mickey.
      I agree, it’s equally as ridiculous. It’s just strange how everyone agrees this is ridiculous yet if it was to with gender people would say you’re a bigot for pointing how ridiculous it is.

(Original post by dazee__)
      Because he's saying he feels a different race it just doesn't make any sense. At least transgender makes abit of sense but all in all transracial its just so funny its unreal on how dumb this is.
      You haven’t actually explained why transgender is more credible than trans race.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Underscore__)
      Telling other people how they feel, very draconian and bigoted of you

I agree, it’s equally as ridiculous. It’s just strange how everyone agrees this is ridiculous yet if it was to with gender people would say you’re a bigot for pointing how ridiculous it is.

You haven’t actually explained why transgender is more credible than trans race.
      Because transgender is to do with chromosomes where as you cant think your another skin colour lmao

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by dazee__)
      Because transgender is to do with chromosomes where as you cant think your another skin colour lmao
      No. Gender dysphoria is to do with feelings; it is a mental condition. Trans-sex is to do with chromosomes and being born, in some way, between the sexes, perhaps because of anomalous genitalia.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 23, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.