Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I drop out and reapply for university next year? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a bit of a difficult situation recently, I came to university knowing what course I wanted to do and honestly I love this course but its the university that's the problem. The university isn't very good and the life here is the same. I share a flat with 7 other people and still haven't made friends with them, they're just too different from me and we have nothing to talk about except for the occasional 'hi' when we see each other. I've only made one friend on my course and occasionally talk to 3rd years because of sports clubs, but the 3rd years will be leaving university next year and the friend from my course is local so from the looks of it I wont have anyone to live with next year.
    I've tried emailing universities to see if they accept transfers onto second year but the only replies I've gotten is that the modules studied aren't similar enough so I wouldn't be able to transfer. Honestly the only reason I came to this university is because of my AS results which weren't the best and since universities already rejected me based on that I didn't have a chance of getting into a good university. Basically I don't really know what to do right now, should I drop out now and apply to the universities that I actually want to go to for next year or should I just try to concentrate on work for the next three years and survive this university?

ReputationRep:
    go back into halls next year, you might meet better people

or join some clubs t make friends

I wouldn't drop out if you dont have the chance of a better uni as you may not be any happier elsewhere and then you'll have used up your gift year and be stuck... and you may not get an offer you ike...better to try and make the best of where you are

ReputationRep:
    what grades did you end up with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie_cats)
    what grades did you end up with?
    I got ABCC in my A Levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    go back into halls next year, you might meet better people

or join some clubs t make friends

I wouldn't drop out if you dont have the chance of a better uni as you may not be any happier elsewhere and then you'll have used up your gift year and be stuck... and you may not get an offer you ike...better to try and make the best of where you are
    I guess you're right... thank you. I may see if there's a possibility to change halls for next term in that case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarlet Inferno)
    I got ABCC in my A Levels
    well i dropped out after 5 months and wished i wouldve done it earlier, but just make sure you're certain and call up other unis u are interested in to see if they would accept you with those grades

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.