The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan application

Hi, I’m a mature student starting uni in sept 2018. I’m going to be applying to student finance for a maintenance loan but am confused as they will ask for my earnings for 2017-2018 and I’m working full time right now but won’t be earning at all when at uni so will this effect the amount of loan I can have??? My husband will be earning but obviously I only want them to take his earnings into consideration. Hope this makes sense 😩
Original post by KerrieD
Hi, I’m a mature student starting uni in sept 2018. I’m going to be applying to student finance for a maintenance loan but am confused as they will ask for my earnings for 2017-2018 and I’m working full time right now but won’t be earning at all when at uni so will this effect the amount of loan I can have??? My husband will be earning but obviously I only want them to take his earnings into consideration. Hope this makes sense 😩

The only income for the student applying that is asked for is UNEARNED income (trust funds, property, interest on investments) expected while studying. Your earnings before the course (or during the course) are not asked for.
Reply 2
Oh ok I thought they asked for previous years earnings!! Thank you 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending