Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi
    i am looking for a job in the raf how many hours would you have to work if you were a weapon systems operator and what is the income

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewsl)
    hi
    i am looking for a job in the raf how many hours would you have to work if you were a weapon systems operator and what is the income
    Hi Andrew,
    Before you get bombarded with abuse, I thought I'd jump in and give you an answer you can use.

The RAF isn't just a job, but a career. You can't compare the lifestyle you'd have in civilian life, to that you'd have in the Air Force. WSOp is a very good role and the RAF has over 50 careers you can choose from. In terms of hours, you're on 24/7 notice 365 days a Year. If the RAF needs you at work, you're expected to be there! Regarding the salary, you'd be on something like £33k p/annum after you've completed training, but between £14 - £25k for the first 2-3 years that you're completing training! Important to stress that people don't join the British Forces for money, but only you can say why YOU want to join.

I'd suggest that you have a really good look through the RAF Recruitment website. You'll find some good information on the role of WSOp and all the other roles the RAF offers, the lifestyle and benefits, as well as application and eligibility processes. If you still like the look of the RAF after you've got through that, you should submit an application or find your nearest AFCO and book an appointment to speak to a Careers Adviser!
    https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/

Wish you all the best.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.