Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    argh this is so confusing! how's everyone packing clothes/shoes etc? i wanna get a headstart on it now so i'll have time to finish off my reading in the next week or so. i've got a big suitcase and a giant holdall out, but also bags/boxes of cutlery and stationary!

ReputationRep:
    I'm putting toiletries/household items in boxes, then my clothes, bedding and towels in bin liners. I've no idea how it's all gonna fit in the car boot and on two seats though...but I'll worry about that when it comes to it in the cold next Thursday morning lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Laura*)
    I'm putting toiletries/household items in boxes, then my clothes, bedding and towels in bin liners. I've no idea how it's all gonna fit in the car boot and on two seats though...but I'll worry about that when it comes to it in the cold next Thursday morning lol.
    It doesn't/won't. When my brother went Portsmouth (and I live in West London so you can imagine the distance and time.....) we had to make multiple trips - such a long way and he didn't take much (he decided to buy a few bits and bobs over there)....... And you can forget about putting stuff on the parcel shelf, it will adversely effect rear visibility.

ReputationRep:
    One suitcase stuffed full of clothes, four sturdy Saisbury's bags packed full of books, a rucksack containing all my computer stuff including my laptop, three boxes of stuff for kitchen/bathroom etc. and then I fill my laundry bag with all kinds of stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else or has no category (board games, fancy dress etc). Also one sturdy box of tinned food (usually lasts me all term so I don't have to carry nasty heavy tins) and one of dried and fresh. And my fridge.

This year I'm taking my backpacking rucksack for my trips to Aldi/Iceland. I don't care how stupid I look.

ReputationRep:
    whos going where? which uni' s u lot off to

ReputationRep:
    Question: I haven't started even thinking about packing yet...I leave on the 18th...am I screwed? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Thankfully, I'm staying at home - packing and unpacking university rooms is a nightmare!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    Question: I haven't started even thinking about packing yet...I leave on the 18th...am I screwed? :eek:
    Nope I haven't either and I move into uni on the 16th!! hehe

It's more fun leaving things till the last minute I think! Will probably do my packing the night before I leave.

ReputationRep:
    me and my bro have to take all our stuff together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    me and my bro have to take all our stuff together
    In one car!!???! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    In one car!!???! :eek:
    i know!
    my mum doesn't wanna drive all the way back from leeds, so i think we're jus goin in my dad's

ReputationRep:
    i know!
    my mum doesn't wanna drive all the way back from leeds, so i think we're jus goin in my dad's
    You just HAVE to get a picture of the car when fully loaded and post it here!! Bet it will be busting at the seems!! hehe

When I moved into my last house I had to take 5 trips in my car to move all my stuff (all packed into one room in a flat!!). Luckily that house was only about 15 miles away. God knows how i'm gonna move everything into uni in one trip!!

ReputationRep:
    You just HAVE to get a picture of the car when fully loaded and post it here!! Bet it will be busting at the seems!! hehe

When I moved into my last house I had to take 5 trips in my car to move all my stuff (all packed into one room in a flat!!). Luckily that house was only about 15 miles away. God knows how i'm gonna move everything into uni in one trip!!
    we're both taking computers too...and duvets, i'm gonna have to leave piglet behind

ReputationRep:
    we're both taking computers too...and duvets, i'm gonna have to leave piglet behind
    Noooooooo not piglet!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: but how will you cope??

ReputationRep:
    do uni rooms come with a fridge?

ReputationRep:
    wat is a piglet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    do uni rooms come with a fridge?
    I haven't heard of any that do. You only have a fridge in the shared kitchen. However as a leaving present from work, I got bought a mini beer fridge!!! how cool!! So that will go in my room!

ReputationRep:
    i don't know

i'll have to get him at xmas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)
    wat is a piglet??
    this

ReputationRep:
    i don't know

i'll have to get him at xmas
    awwww...poor piglet! left behind home alone!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.