The Student Room Group

why can't i find a job?!

It has been quite a while where i have been applying for jobs at several places i get an interview and generally do quite well however, it is always brought to my attention "you don't have sufficient experience" it is really getting on my nerves that i am not getting a chance for work because of this! especially when i know people who have less qualifications and a lower level of education than me! I'm in my final year of uni and still i'm overlooked when i know damn well i can do a much better job than what they think of me! is anyone else in this boat finding a job is like looking for an oasis on mars!
Hi what kind of jobs have you been applying for, and what kind of experience do you have already?
Reply 2
Original post by cheesecakelove
Hi what kind of jobs have you been applying for, and what kind of experience do you have already?

I have experience of roughly a year working as an admin assistant, that is all. I find is so frustrating that employers wont have a look at me because of this! if you are not willing to take a chance on me how can i gain the experience you need
What kind of jobs have you been applying for?

It does suck that employers won't give you a chance, but there is a lot of competition and it is just easier for them to give it to someone who has more experience, although less education than yourself. To give yourself a better chance, you could boost your CV with extra-curricular activities or volunteering. It shows that you have more practical experience in other areas and other skills, which could work in your favour. You could also ask your working friends if they know of any positions going.

Quick Reply