Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It has been quite a while where i have been applying for jobs at several places i get an interview and generally do quite well however, it is always brought to my attention "you don't have sufficient experience" it is really getting on my nerves that i am not getting a chance for work because of this! especially when i know people who have less qualifications and a lower level of education than me! I'm in my final year of uni and still i'm overlooked when i know damn well i can do a much better job than what they think of me! is anyone else in this boat finding a job is like looking for an oasis on mars!

ReputationRep:
    Hi what kind of jobs have you been applying for, and what kind of experience do you have already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    Hi what kind of jobs have you been applying for, and what kind of experience do you have already?
    I have experience of roughly a year working as an admin assistant, that is all. I find is so frustrating that employers wont have a look at me because of this! if you are not willing to take a chance on me how can i gain the experience you need

ReputationRep:
    What kind of jobs have you been applying for?

It does suck that employers won't give you a chance, but there is a lot of competition and it is just easier for them to give it to someone who has more experience, although less education than yourself. To give yourself a better chance, you could boost your CV with extra-curricular activities or volunteering. It shows that you have more practical experience in other areas and other skills, which could work in your favour. You could also ask your working friends if they know of any positions going.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.