Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is being shy a turn off to girls? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind shy guys but they can't be too shy that they won't open up. I would hope they would hold my hand in public and not shy away from a public kiss
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie_01)
    I don't mind shy guys but they can't be too shy that they won't open up. I would hope they would hold my hand in public and not shy away from a public kiss
    I know that once I got to know a girl and that she liked me I would easily be able to open up to her. I would hold a girls hand/kissing her in public I feel it has a romantic touch to it

ReputationRep:
    Yh. I think u seen really nice. good luck
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie_01)
    Yh. I think u seen really nice. good luck
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Being shy isn't a problem but sometimes girls can't tell if you are shy or straight up not interested. If you don't talk to a girl trying to talk to you because you're shy she might think that you don't like her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neesaaaa)
    Being shy isn't a problem but sometimes girls can't tell if you are shy or straight up not interested. If you don't talk to a girl trying to talk to you because you're shy she might think that you don't like her.
    OK thanks!

A lot better to be shy than overly confident in my opinion

(Original post by Analyst89)
      Be your best self, hit the gym, wear nice clothes, groom well, have good posture, make good eye contact, have good self esteem, work on your conversation skills.
      tfw you do precisely 0 of those things

ReputationRep:
      I'm a shy girl and less intimidated by shy guys as there is common understanding.But as a shy girl I don't know how to approach shy guys.... lol.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Robin Tripp)
      Thanks that's good advice. I'm going to print this off.
      Actually Analyst89 posted some generic copypasta advice... they posted the same thing in one of my threads but it's cool if you get something from it.

ReputationRep:
      As long as he's not awkward like knocking things over cos of nerves. One time I kissed a guy I was 14 and while he was getting up to leave the bus he literally rammed his head and face so hard into the pole thing you hold onto. 🙈 I can't.

ReputationRep:
      I actually am a shy gal myself and have trouble talking to guys. Hence, I myself have a problem I posted on this website. However, when I'm with a shy person, it helps me relax a little, because I can relate. Like, I guess you can say I can open myself up more. Everyone has different tastes obviously and in my case I think you'd unconsciously help me open up to you )

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Robin Tripp)
      There the kinda girls I'm looking for!
      Good luck - you're probably both staring at your shoes accidentally wishing the cashier merry christmas in the middle of summer and accidentally throwing your change at a pensioner trying to get out of the way. I'm joking (mostly), you'll find her but you might have to try a bit harder which ironically means you won't be shy any more.

It also depends on 'shy' in what context. You can't talk to people or you don't like to? They're different - you can be quiet but confident, so if being really social isn't your thing work on that.

But to answer the original question in most cases the girl will have to be more shy than you are, which means the shier you are the less girls you get to pick from.

ReputationRep:
      Thank You to everyone who has left a reply!

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.