Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    is it bad that one of my universities hasn't informed me if they have received my application?

ReputationRep:
    When I had applied I was informed by UCAS that not all universities send out emails acknowledging that they have your application, so not to be concerned if you don't get any
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ddraigdwr2)
    When I had applied I was informed by UCAS that not all universities send out emails acknowledging that they have your application, so not to be concerned if you don't get any
    Thank you so much.
    that makes me feel a whole lot better.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Philosophy to Cambridge, Durham, St Andrews, Exeter and Nottingham. I have and unconditional offer from Nottingham and a conditional from Exeter, as well as an interview at Cambridge.

Where have you applied (if you don't mind me asking!)?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Philosophy to Cambridge, Durham, St Andrews, Exeter and Nottingham. I have and unconditional offer from Nottingham and a conditional from Exeter, as well as an interview at Cambridge.

Where have you applied (if you don't mind me asking!)?
    Cambridge!! That's so exciting!! congratulations for your unconditional offer!!

Course: Law with Business. I am applying to: Edinburgh, Sussex, Aston, Northumbria and Bradford. I got a conditional offer at Bradford!!

How did you manage to get an unconditional offer?

ReputationRep:
    No, one of my universities never told me they had received it and then I got an offer within a few weeks. Don't worry, I panicked too because I'd had emails from the others

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from them a few weeks after I was given a conditional, saying that they put me in their high achievers programme and so if I put them as my firm the offer would be unconditional!

Cambridge is exciting, but I must say, quite daunting!!

Congrats on the offer from Bradford! Sussex is actually quite close to me, it's in a lovely part of the country. Law sounds exciting to, my uncle is actually a lawyer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becmusic12)
    No, one of my universities never told me they had received it and then I got an offer within a few weeks. Don't worry, I panicked too because I'd had emails from the others

Thank you so much for helping me calm down!!!

Congratulations on your offer!!

where did you apply if you don't mind me asking..

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from them a few weeks after I was given a conditional, saying that they put me in their high achievers programme and so if I put them as my firm the offer would be unconditional!

Cambridge is exciting, but I must say, quite daunting!!

Congrats on the offer from Bradford! Sussex is actually quite close to me, it's in a lovely part of the country. Law sounds exciting to, my uncle is actually a lawyer!
    For the Cambridge interview how does it normally work?

I hope you get into Cambridge

I have never been to Sussex, so I am really excited to see it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanessa_james)
    Thank you so much for helping me calm down!!!

Congratulations on your offer!!

where did you apply if you don't mind me asking..
    I applied last year and I did it through UCAS undergraduate and UCAS conservatoires because I was also applying to music colleges. I can't remember which of the universities didn't email me but I'm music college now (Royal Birmingham Conservatoire). I hope you get your offers soon

ReputationRep:
    For the Cambridge interview how does it normally work?

I hope you get into Cambridge

I have never been to Sussex, so I am really excited to see it
    I don't know how it it for all colleges, but at Selwyn I have the philosophy admissions test in the morning, and then two interviews in the afternoon... only a little bit terrifying 😂

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how it it for all colleges, but at Selwyn I have the philosophy admissions test in the morning, and then two interviews in the afternoon... only a little bit terrifying 😂
    You are going to be fine... positive thoughts only..!!

ReputationRep:
    I applied last year and I did it through UCAS undergraduate and UCAS conservatoires because I was also applying to music colleges. I can't remember which of the universities didn't email me but I'm music college now (Royal Birmingham Conservatoire). I hope you get your offers soon
    Congratulations!!! Music college sounds really cool..

so far I already got one conditional offer but the rest of the universities I am applying to take months to reply.... So I have to wait for the rest I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!!! Music college sounds really cool..

so far I already got one conditional offer but the rest of the universities I am applying to take months to reply.... So I have to wait for the rest I guess.
    It is! I'm loving it so far

How do you know the others are going to take ages? Well done on getting an offer already though, that's great! Were you an early applicant or were you just super organised?

ReputationRep:
    It is! I'm loving it so far

How do you know the others are going to take ages? Well done on getting an offer already though, that's great! Were you an early applicant or were you just super organised?
    I applied late let me not lie... I applied last Saturday..

what do you do at music college?

ReputationRep:
    I applied late let me not lie... I applied last Saturday..

what do you do at music college?
    But the deadlines not until January?

And we basically do general theory, harmony and aural skills and then lots of practise and group rehearsals, it's really fun!

ReputationRep:
    But the deadlines not until January?

And we basically do general theory, harmony and aural skills and then lots of practise and group rehearsals, it's really fun!
    It felt late cause half of my class had already applied and were already getting conditional offers and I have resits in January so I had just wanted to get it over and done with...

ReputationRep:
    It felt late cause half of my class had already applied and were already getting conditional offers and I have resits in January so I had just wanted to get it over and done with...
    Oh I see, yeah I can understand why that would feel late if everyone around you was already getting offers. And revising for your resits probably is important... How many are you doing? Good luck with them

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see, yeah I can understand why that would feel late if everyone around you was already getting offers. And revising for your resits probably is important... How many are you doing? Good luck with them
    Sorry I forgot to ask, do you perform in concerts and stuff?

Only one paper thank God!!! thank you

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I forgot to ask, do you perform in concerts and stuff?

Only one paper thank God!!! thank you
    Yeah I do, I play cornet so I'm in the brass band we have 2 or 3 concerts this Christmas and I think one with the compulsory first year choir

Oh that's not too bad, I'd hate to have a lot to revise for while still trying to learn stuff for this year!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.