Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Minivampire GYG 2017-2018 (Alevels and BTEC) Watch

ReputationRep:
    So it's the start of my A levels! and I've completed my AS level exams and my gcse's! Now ready to fight my way to university ~

GCSE Results:
    Spoiler:
    Show

English: A
    Maths: B
    Science core: C
    Science additional: B
    Dance: C
    Photography: B
    ECDL: A*
    Product design: C
    ICT: B
    Health and social care: A*
    OCR business processing: Pass

As results;
    Spoiler:
    Show

Health and social care: Merit (B) for my exam, and a predicted A for my coursework.
    Sociology: C
    Psychology: B **but my teacher thinks my second paper was marked wrong**

A level grade predictions:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Health and social care: A
    Psychology: B to A
    Sociology: C to B

After A levels; once my exams end I want to attend university to take psychology, in the end I hope to become a clinical psychologist.

Health and social care works by taking an exam and completing a piece of coursework in the first year, you can retake this exam January 2018 if you want. The second year is another exam, which you take in January and resit in July if you need to, plus another piece of coursework I'm aiming for a A*, just like at highschool!

Non academic goals!
    Improve my mental and physical health.
    More confidence in my own abilities! Everyone always says Im so smart, that I'm the textbook of psychology - I just don't feel it

**I will update at LEAST once a week! maybe more some weeks**

ReputationRep:
    The first post!|

Revision materials;
    I have been looking at different ways to revise, as I've become to realise I need different techniques for each subject as one way that I use for psychology doesn't help me whatsoever in health and social care.

So here is what I have been using so far this year!

Psychology; Quizlet and Kahoot!
    • Flashcards are a must!
    • After each lesson I produce the information in a similar, easy to read format so I can skim it and get all the information I need.
    • I've printed loads of past questions! (but I haven't started them yet!)
    • Health and social care - sounds strange, but the second years coursework is based of psychology! So it is working out really well just to go over topics I haven't looked at in a while.
    • Revision sessions - my teacher has already started revision sessions, going over research methods!

Sociology;I use quizlet here too.
    • Flashcards! These are in all my subjects.
    • Once again I have loads of past questions to start attempting! But I have been doing loads for homework
    • Revision sessions: we are starting with year ones topic of the family and households.

Health and social care; I created my own quizlets for this - but the information doesn't stick using this method!
    • Flashcards..
    • Word bank
    • Mind dump
    • I use this technique that I don't remember the name of! For example, the term growth; I drew a ruler and weights, so I can picture the images and remember the definitions.
    • Specimen papers!

However...I'd still love to find new ways! I love making notes, the whole idea of coordinating colours to a particular topic <3 I love creating games, especially on Quizlet and using the whiteboards at college.

My first exam; 10th January and 12th January 2018 for health and social care (resit exam and the second years one)

https://quizlet.com/Bethg5 ~

ReputationRep:
    So this is finally my desk! I finally ended up tidying it from the as level exams! Whenever we have an exam it becomes so disorganised but now I love it.
    So I have;
    • Loads and loads of pens!
    • My colourful pens!<3
    • Highlighters
    • Notebook of key terms (I have one for all my subjects)
    • Post-it notes
    • Hole puncher
    • Tape
    • Scissors
    • Three folders full of revision
    • A candle I love my little candle
    • And my laptop, which doesn't help me revise whatsoever!
    • Plus, what you can't see, my coffee mug|!

Today was a good day! I was able to have a lie in this morning then I had a two hour study session, dinner then an hour of psychology (A level - AQA), we're looking at the final part of biopsychology.
    My study session was actually productive! I produced my own research methods booklet! in more condensed notes so I can skim over it but still have what I need. I then went over everything we did in out last psychology lesson (yesterday) and attempted two exam style questions.
    I can't actually believe how productive I am being...I am never like this! I actually think it was because people weren't there to distract me today...
    In psychology we watched a video of 'Kim Peek - The Real Rain Main' for the split brain research of biopsyc and this amazing man really inspired me today and got me emotional\!
    Attached Images

Submit reply
Updated: November 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.