Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I'm lucky enough to have been offered an interview with Edge Hill University this month for their PGCE Primary with QTS course. I am terribly nervous - my maths isn't brilliant and I have not studied Science since high school. Just wondering if anyone else has had an interview for PGCE Primary at Edge Hill and has any top tips or advice that they would like to share to prospective trainee teachers?

Thanks in advance!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chatty_george)
    Hi everyone!

I'm lucky enough to have been offered an interview with Edge Hill University this month for their PGCE Primary with QTS course. I am terribly nervous - my maths isn't brilliant and I have not studied Science since high school. Just wondering if anyone else has had an interview for PGCE Primary at Edge Hill and has any top tips or advice that they would like to share to prospective trainee teachers?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi chatty_george!

Congratulations on your interview with us! I've had a chat with our PGCE interview team and they've shared a few tips for you that I hope will be helpful.

To prepare for your interview they suggest:
    • Make sure you've thought about why you've chosen primary as your pgce course so you can explain why you want to work in this age range if you're asked
    • You should also have spent time observing in a relevant school
    • Spend some time familiarising yourself with the content of the national curriculum
    • It can also be helpful to familiarise yourself with current issues in the education sector. Most newspapers will have educational supplements or sections on their website you can have a read of.

Our Education department have some free support sessions in literacy and numeracy that may also be helpful. You can find some details on them here: www.edgehill.ac.uk/study/professional-skills-tests/

Let me know if you have any other questions about the interview or studying with us at Edge Hill

Hannah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edge Hill University)
    Hi chatty_george!

Congratulations on your interview with us! I've had a chat with our PGCE interview team and they've shared a few tips for you that I hope will be helpful.

To prepare for your interview they suggest:
    • Make sure you've thought about why you've chosen primary as your pgce course so you can explain why you want to work in this age range if you're asked
    • You should also have spent time observing in a relevant school
    • Spend some time familiarising yourself with the content of the national curriculum
    • It can also be helpful to familiarise yourself with current issues in the education sector. Most newspapers will have educational supplements or sections on their website you can have a read of.

Our Education department have some free support sessions in literacy and numeracy that may also be helpful. You can find some details on them here: www.edgehill.ac.uk/study/professional-skills-tests/

Let me know if you have any other questions about the interview or studying with us at Edge Hill

Hannah
    Thank you so much Hannah!

I’m so excited at the prospect of coming to your uni.

Best wishes 😊

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.