Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so im in year 11 and i dont know how to start revising and im already panicking. helpppp

ReputationRep:
    When I was revising I used flash cards, I wrote notes and done past paper questions. These helped me. I also would just look over my notes each week of school so that I would remember it for the next week
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilymeehan007)
    When I was revising I used flash cards, I wrote notes and done past paper questions. These helped me. I also would just look over my notes each week of school so that I would remember it for the next week
    tysm, do you have any tips for like motivation on how to actually start? i have science tuition in ten minutes and when i get back itll be 8. im panicking about failing

ReputationRep:
    Well I have a two older sisters and I wanted to do better than then so that motivated me lol don’t know if this applies to you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I feel your worry but panicking is just gonna make it worse.
    Instead, look at your strengths and weaknesses in each of your subjects. Focus first on your weaknesses. Use different revision techniques that work for you. Personally, I can't do revision cards, but I know it helps a lot of other people so you can see if it works for you. You should have some mocks before GCSEs, so you practice with exams in there too. The GCSEs are in May; start consistently revising now, and you'll be fine. But at the same time, think about your wellbeing. Do your hobbies, hang out with friends; whatever you like doing, otherwise your motivation to revise will just vanish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fauziah.hussain)
    so im in year 11 and i dont know how to start revising and im already panicking. helpppp
    Here comes the unsexy answer................ Don't rely on motivation. That can be affected by sleepiness and hunger. Rather, use self-discipline. Figure out which subjects you need to revise, figure out where you can make time to revise (could be 05:00 - 08:00 in the morning, or 18:00 - 20:00 for some ideas) and then find a place where you won't be disturbed (this means no phones within reach or thought, its a distraction) then turn up when you say you would and then revise. Write notes, use those card things, do what you've got to do. There's no use in panicking, it just takes you away from your game. Just take a breath, settle, you've got this......

Hope this helps!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.