Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

will deadlifts and squats give me the robocop posture? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    been gymming for 3-4 months now and never really worked legs. i've always been self-conscious about my posture and i dunno if i'm being paranoid, but i think i got that thing where my lower spine curves inwards and makes it look like u have a belly.

there is a girl at work who walks like a robot (perfectly straight back and legs) and i found out that she deadlifts/squats. she has the perfect posture and it's really noticeable.. anyway looking into it it seems like they literally fix ur spine - can anyone confirm (from experience) that doing these will get rid of my queen elizabeth posture and turn it into robocop? i don't wanna be doing these risky ass lifts (every injury i hear about comes from deadlifts or squats) just to find out she's been genetically gifted with the perfect back and legs combo.

great excuse to start doing legs if this is the case cos i was initially gonna go for the johnny bravo look. tried legs once but it was too boring and unsatisfying - realised that training them is a waste of time anyway (until i'm approaching the stage where it looks ridiculous)

ReputationRep:
    it's called an anterior pelvic tilt.

ReputationRep:
    yeah that part of my back deffo needs to be straightened.

also just to add to my post: which lifts will give me a perfectly straight neck? there's 2 parts to the posture problem mayng

ReputationRep:
    Fixing your posture fixes your posture. It is something you can work on, you learn to hold yourself in a good position, it just takes some consistent effort. Deadlifting with bad posture is how you get hurt, it won't do anything to change your posture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BKS)
    Fixing your posture fixes your posture. It is something you can work on, you learn to hold yourself in a good position, it just takes some consistent effort. Deadlifting with bad posture is how you get hurt, it won't do anything to change your posture.
    no i'm talking about doing the deadlifts with correct form, not with bad posture. i found a thread similar to mine: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=161929063

so i came here for reassurance. needed someone to tell me they were in the same boat and now walk like a ****ing machine - but after bustin' out squats and deadlifts yesterday i'm already convinced. my legs and spine are in some serious pain lol (in a good way).

pretty sure i just invented 'posture day'. it also involves doing gay leg and back stretches on the mat

ReputationRep:
    Why do you wanna look like a robot? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    Why do you wanna look like a robot? :lolwut:
    the way the deadlift/squat girl from work walks is the most gangster **** u will ever see in ur life.

its that "noone can **** with me" gorilla sorta look. nothing screams more "this guy is hench" then having that walk. maybe u just haven't come across a deadlift monster yet to appreciate it cos it is truly a thing of beauty...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big ledba)
    the way the deadlift/squat girl from work walks is the most gangster **** u will ever see in ur life.

its that "noone can **** with me" gorilla sorta look. nothing screams more "this guy is hench" then having that walk. maybe u just haven't come across a deadlift monster yet to appreciate it cos it is truly a thing of beauty...
    It was A JOKE!

And does she really look like a gorilla...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.