Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I’ve gotten an interview for my dream university! So naturally I’m hella nervous. Does anybody have any tips? Obviously nobody knows what question they’ll ask so hurt general advice would be great. Thanks!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I’m at Liverpool Uni now and my advice would be 1) Tell them what they want to hear but try to be realistic, 2) Relax, treat it as a ‘chat’ rather than an interview, they want to know what kind of person you are 3) Express why it’s your dream uni, show your knowledge of the uni and the city, 4) Dress smart and come prepared (have a cv to hand, a copy of your statement and application) first impressions are everything! 5)Express how well you deal with time management, the work load is one of the biggest things at uni and if they know you can handle that, then why wouldn’t they let you in! Finally) Express your interest in extra curricular activities... say you want to join your course society etc.

L x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leah_Phillips)
    I’m at Liverpool Uni now and my advice would be 1) Tell them what they want to hear but try to be realistic, 2) Relax, treat it as a ‘chat’ rather than an interview, they want to know what kind of person you are 3) Express why it’s your dream uni, show your knowledge of the uni and the city, 4) Dress smart and come prepared (have a cv to hand, a copy of your statement and application) first impressions are everything! 5)Express how well you deal with time management, the work load is one of the biggest things at uni and if they know you can handle that, then why wouldn’t they let you in! Finally) Express your interest in extra curricular activities... say you want to join your course society etc.

L x
    Thank you so much for the advice!❤️

ReputationRep:
    ^^This, as another Liverpool student the advice given here is very useful!
    I would add don't be afraid to have an opinion provided you can show reasoning as to why you have arrived at it and taken into consideration other views. A vague style question is just an invitation to show your thinking process and isn't one to shy away from.

Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.