Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’ve gotten an interview for my dream university! So naturally I’m hella nervous. Does anybody have any tips? Obviously nobody knows what question they’ll ask so hurt general advice would be great. Thanks!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I’m at Liverpool Uni now and my advice would be 1) Tell them what they want to hear but try to be realistic, 2) Relax, treat it as a ‘chat’ rather than an interview, they want to know what kind of person you are 3) Express why it’s your dream uni, show your knowledge of the uni and the city, 4) Dress smart and come prepared (have a cv to hand, a copy of your statement and application) first impressions are everything! 5)Express how well you deal with time management, the work load is one of the biggest things at uni and if they know you can handle that, then why wouldn’t they let you in! Finally) Express your interest in extra curricular activities... say you want to join your course society etc.

L x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leah_Phillips)
    I’m at Liverpool Uni now and my advice would be 1) Tell them what they want to hear but try to be realistic, 2) Relax, treat it as a ‘chat’ rather than an interview, they want to know what kind of person you are 3) Express why it’s your dream uni, show your knowledge of the uni and the city, 4) Dress smart and come prepared (have a cv to hand, a copy of your statement and application) first impressions are everything! 5)Express how well you deal with time management, the work load is one of the biggest things at uni and if they know you can handle that, then why wouldn’t they let you in! Finally) Express your interest in extra curricular activities... say you want to join your course society etc.

L x
    Thank you so much for the advice!❤️

ReputationRep:
    ^^This, as another Liverpool student the advice given here is very useful!
    I would add don't be afraid to have an opinion provided you can show reasoning as to why you have arrived at it and taken into consideration other views. A vague style question is just an invitation to show your thinking process and isn't one to shy away from.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    It’s an informal chat rather than a formal interview setting. If you mess up one station, put it behind you because the next interviewer hasn’t got a clue how your last station went so you can start fresh. Know how to manage stress, it’s a massive factor of both the degree as well as work life after graduating.
    I would however say a cv isn’t required, nor is a copy of your statement. All you need to bring is your references (as far as I’m aware). Liverpool don’t look at personal statements so it’s pointless bringing that. Your stations are there to get the most out of you, they want you to do well so make the most of it.
    Know what you’ve seen in practice over your work experience placements, and answer questions calmly don’t panic or get flustered.

There’s also no use in telling them what they want to hear. They want the real you, not a robot version, and they will know if you’re just saying something because you think that’s what they want to hear. Be you.

And most of all, enjoy the experience because it’s much nicer than some of the other interviews, the staff are really friendly and want to get the best out of you so give them that.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of knowledge do I need to know about Liverpool uni and the city?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by R03)
    What kind of knowledge do I need to know about Liverpool uni and the city?
    People can't give you specifics like this; it's against TSR's rules and universities ask applicants not to share these details; after all it would give them a disadvantage.

I'd suggest reading through the prospectus/website to make sure you have a good understanding of what the course (and career) entails. Be prepared to answer some basic questions such as what you think your starting salary as a vet will be.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.